Data Analyst - Actuarial Reserving
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Odyssey Reinsurance Company (OdysseyRe) is the global
reinsurance arm of Odyssey Group, one of the world's leading
providers of reinsurance and specialty insurance, and subsidiary of
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, which is traded on the Toronto
Stock Exchange under the symbol FFH. OdysseyRe offers a broad range
of property, casualty, and specialty reinsurance solutions through
a network of branch and representative offices across North
America, Latin America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa),
AsiaPacific and London.Reinsurers are part of the financial
services industry, providing capital and risk management solutions
for clients to efficiently manage economic risk. OdysseyRe is rated
A+ (Superior) by AM Best and A by Standard and Poor's. OdysseyRe is
an equal opportunity employer with excellent benefits and a strong
commitment to providing training and opportunities for our staff.
We provide employees an innovative, enriching environment and take
great pride in their career growth.We are looking for someone
tech-savvy and analytically minded who will be part of our Property
& Casualty Reserving team in Stamford, Connecticut. The ideal
candidate will be able to think independently and develop data
solutions to further our capabilities and provide insights into our
reserving process and results.Essential Duties
- Analyze large amounts of data/information to discover and
articulate data needs and patterns.
- Manage flow of data compiled during quarterly and annual review
processes while ensuring data quality is maintained.
- Build reports and tools for the reserving team to highlight and
- Assist in evaluating new reserving tools and processes.
- Streamlining processes that involve internal data requests for
- Put together visualizations and dashboards to help facilitate
- Potentially act as a liaison with our Data & Analytics team
helping them progress on corporate goals.
- Aid other actuarial departments with projects as needed.Skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presentation of
- Experience with model development including data visualization
tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, or Microsoft BI.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to work
independently and collaborate with colleagues within and across
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and an
ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.Job Requirements
- 1-3+ years' experience as a business analyst, data analyst,
data scientist or data engineer
- BS in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science,
Information Management or Statistics, preferred
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, VBA, R, Python, or similar.
- Has working knowledge of multiple programming languages,
statistical packages, and dataset tools
- Experience working with Excel files and creation/review of
Visual Basic Macros
- Critical thinker that is comfortable supporting collaborative
problem solving in a team environment
- Desire to learn new technical skills beyond what we use now and
help facilitate the knowledge of those skills to others on the
- Flexible hybrid schedule but requires three days in the
Keywords: OdysseyRe, Stamford , Data Analyst - Actuarial Reserving, Professions , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!