Posted on: May 25, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link HVAC Specialist
Permanent contract USA - Stamford, CT, US May 13, 2023 Solvay is a
science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects
of daily life. Our purpose-we bond people, ideas and elements to
reinvent progress-is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms
of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the
power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and
quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the
next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting
the planet we all share.We bond with customers and partners to
address today and tomorrow's megatrends. As a global leader in
Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in
planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air
treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental
challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute
to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future. HVAC Mechanic
Specialist We are looking for: The HVAC Specialist position plays
an important role within Solvay. The primary purpose of this
position is to support of Facility operations such as but not
limited to lab equipment relocation and installation of various
utilities such as bottled gasses, vacuum, compressed air and
similar to lab equipment. We count on you for:
- Awareness of and following all Solvay safety policies and
procedures including Solvay's Life Saving Rules
- Demonstrating a safety commitment by participating in Safety
training and events
- Taking action and reporting on any unsafe act / condition /
behavior. Everyone on site is empowered to intervene with respect
to any unsafe act that they may observe.
- Attending and completing new hire training -
- Have operational knowledge of eyewash stations, safety showers,
PPE locations, spill equipment and fire extinguishers.
- Attending monthly safety trainings and mandatory training
- Being able to access SDS information of on site chemicals via
- Wearing appropriate PPE relative to the space and job where you
are working. Observe all PPE requirements when in labs and shops
- Obtaining advanced equipment or process specific safety
training when necessary according to the specific hazards.
- Able to identify tasks requiring additional assistance or
handling equipment and to seek that assistance prior to handling
- Safe handling of gas cylinders
- Maintain site equipment per preventative maintenance scheduling
or program. Assist in developing written preventative tasks for
site equipment and systems if not already established.
- Routine maintenance duties such as but not limited to furniture
moving, lamp changing, ceiling tile replacement, conference room
- Support of Facility operations such as but not limited to lab
equipment relocation and installation of various utilities such as
bottled gasses, vacuum, compressed air and similar to lab
- Self managing workload based upon efficiency and customer need,
identifying safety needs and treating those as a priority.
- Maintaining workspace in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ability and acceptance to perform non technical tasks required
in the operation of the site.
- Ability to lift and handle 50lbs
- Operate a propane powered forklift and pass required testing to
maintain license for forklift operation. -
- Provide safety checks of forklift prior to each use.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder up to 6' off a level
- Ability to climb 4 flights of stairs. -
- Position requires moderate physical work at intermittent
periods throughout the daily 8 hour work shift.
- The listed tasks are representative of the majority of areas of
responsibility but not all inclusive due to the dynamic of
maintaining and supporting a research facility. You can count on us
for: The Solvay-Cytec Research Center in Stamford is a laboratory
environment with a fast-paced -approach toward new product
innovation and product support. As such, the work environment and
needs are ever changing. This position is for a Mechanic Specialist
in the Commercial HVAC systems field. Additionally this position
provides general maintenance support and as such the applicant
shall show proficiency in additional trades. The position requires
being adaptive to a frequently changing research operation,
supportive of and encouraging operational efficiency improvements.
A positive attitude, strong achievement drive, ability to work well
with others, participate as a team and having a solution driven
mindset are all critical behaviors required of the position. - You
- A high School education equivalent, completed 2-4 year trade
school certification, military certification or 4 year
apprenticeship in the specified trade(s) along with 6 plus years as
a journeyman level HVAC Mechanic or Technician.
- Knowledge in the functionality and usage of programmable logic
controllers (PLCs) and motor frequency drives .
- Strong background -in Laboratory HVAC operation principles
- Laboratory Fume hood operation, maintenance and repair
troubleshooting of associated controls and devices.
- Supply and exhaust handling equipment and controls -
maintenance and calibration of. -
- Strong experience with Building Automation Systems, automated
building controls and related electronic and pneumatic operating
controls and end devices.
- Experience, understanding and ability to maintain and repair
steam and hot water systems, heat exchangers, traps, condensate
return systems and central chilled water plant distribution.
- A high level of awareness of energy conservation and optimizing
systems for utmost operating efficiencies.
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints and electrical
- Familiarity of compressed air, deionized water, laboratory
vacuum systems, chemical sewer treatment process and process
- Proficiency in additional skills as required such as basic
plumbing and all general maintenance activities. You will get:
- Competitive salary; hourly range of $44.00-$46.00/hourly, since
actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors
unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than
the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also
includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- Benefits package
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training Platform for all employees
- Free Well-Being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Ability to work in, and adapt quickly to changes and
- Strong organizational and analytical skills .
- Strong communication (verbal and written), and listening
skills. #LI-Onsite #LI-AO1 After 50 years, we are going back to the
Moon... Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for
Humans to return to the Moon. Check -here -our -Artemis missions
with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color
on the Moon.Solvay's purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements
to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a
diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has
equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences,
visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and
not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age,
gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual
orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with
Keywords: Solvay, Stamford , HVAC Specialist, Professions , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...