Company: Engage Partners, Inc.
Location: Port Jefferson
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for the tests and measures of eye functions to assist Ophthalmologist to diagnose and treat eye disorders and disease.
- Performs and records initial history; including present/chief complaint, past ocular history, family history, systemic illness, medications, allergies and drug reactions.
- Tests and records patient's far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
- Measures intraocular pressure of eyes (glaucoma test), excluding applanation.
- Performs ancillary test such as lensometry, corneal topography, A scans, B scans, keratometry, fundus photography, slit lamp photography, specular microscopy, and visual fields, (including central and peripheral vision); records results.
- Transcribes physician's dictation into patient chart when applicable.
- Knowledgeable in ocular pharmacology such as anesthetics, steroids, antibiotics, mydriatics and cycloplegics, epinephrine, miotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
- Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- Collects and processes specimens for appropriate laboratory testing.
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms; assists with exam.
- Triages emergency cases appropriately into physician's schedule, maintains patient flow.
- Prepares patient and procedure room; assists ophthalmologist within office procedures.
- Performs first level maintenance on ophthalmic equipment and notifies office manager of any equipment malfunctions.
- Utilizes as appropriate, infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Performs other tests and measurements as requested by Ophthalmologist.
- Always maintains confidentiality and professional demeanor.
Keywords: Engage Partners, Inc., Stamford , Ophthalmic Technician, Professions , Port Jefferson, Connecticut
here to apply!