Maintenance Mech Hvac Relief
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Performs a variety of duties of an H.V.A.C. Mechanic relating to
maintaining, repairing and renovating the Hospital's HVAC, plumbing
and refrigeration systems. Performs duties of Watch Engineer as
needed. Performs a variety of duties relating to maintaining,
repairing and renovating the Hospital's plant and facilities.
- * Assists Manager in preparation of requirements and estimates
of costs and work hours needed to install, repair and replace
various related HVAC equipment.
- * Maintains tools, equipment and work area in clean, safe and
- * Examines, tests, repairs and installs various refrigeration
- * Inspects, troubleshoots, cleans and repairs components of all
types of heating and cooling systems.
- * Installs all types of air conditioning and refrigeration
equipment when necessary.
- * Possesses thorough knowledge of pneumatic and electrical
- * Maintains and controls operation of all boiler plant
equipment for proper generation of steam for heating, cooking and
sterilization and maintenance of hot water temperatures.
- * Monitors, controls and operates boilers, auxiliary
generators, air conditioning and ventilating equipment, vacuum and
compressed air systems, electric power and miscellaneous
- * Makes regular rounds and inspects equipment to maintain
pressures and ensure proper water levels.
- * Tests and treats boiler water and air conditioning systems
with specified chemicals.
- * Reads meters and gauges to determine the operating condition
of their equipment and regulates the flow of water and fuel in
accordance with needs and standards.
- * Prepares equipment for inspection and performs scheduled
tests of equipment, i.e., safety valves, water columns,
- * Cleans, lubricates, maintains, repairs and adjusts all
equipment, piping and other related systems.Diagnoses malfunctions
of various facilities equipment and takes corrective
- * Keeps the plant operation logs for the shift and notes any
unusual problems or conditions as well as maintains records for
ordering fuel and other supplies.
- * Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs
equipment, systems and facilities related to any craft or
combination of same using power and hand tools.
- * Adjusts and repairs on location such items as furniture,
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers, laundry and dietary equipment,
- * Performs construction and renovation work indoors or outdoors
using building materials of cement, concrete block, steel, wood,
- * May be required to install, repair and maintain systems
relating to plumbing, steam fitting and boiler equipment.
- * Performs variety of crafts including carpentry, welding,
painting, electrical work, sheet metal work, masonry, machinists
- * Assists in completion of projects and renovations including
but not limited to moving furniture, setting up offices,
- * Carries out preventive maintenance program as outlined by
Facilities Management Preventive Maintenance Program.
- * Monitors alarm panels and HVAC panels for regular conditions
and takes appropriate action in case of failures.
- * Responds to emergency problems with elevators, electrical
systems, flooding, stoppages or plant equipment failure and makes
emergency repairs as necessary.
- * Maintains records of PM's, maintenance and inspections noting
defects and deficiencies and tags defective equipment for non use
- * Utilizes appropriate safety equipment when
- * Assists in removing snow and ice from Hospital grounds
- * Serves as a member of the Hospital's fire brigade.
- * May be required to perform related, unrelated and other
departmental duties as required and may be assigned maintenance and
other construction work outside of his specific job title.Is
required to respond to emergency situation during or after normal
- * Regularly reports to work when scheduled.
- * Adapts to new or unusual situations without affecting
performance or work procedures within the department.
- * Adheres to Human Resource policy and procedures.
- * Attends all required Hospital in-service programs.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of One (1) year of advanced trade school and five (5)
years experience in field of HVAC and Plumbing maintenance and or
- Local or State license required for specific class of equipment
- Familiarity with tools, methods of many trades and knowledge of
building and safety codes.
- Must be educated on the use of a particulate respirator (mask)
and have a medical evaluation prior to using mask. If indicated,
employee will be referred for further pulmonary
- Prior experience and some working knowledge of centrifugal
units, DX units and chilled water systems.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Maintenance Mech Hvac Relief, Professions , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!