Yard Jockey CDL A $30/hr
Company: Farmland Fresh Dairies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Give us a call at (866) 704-7977 ex 2438 to learn more about
driving for Farmland!
Yard Jockey CDL A
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
We are one of the largest family owned food distributors in the
tri-state area. Our quality and freshness standards are supported
by the most stringent supply chain disciplines. Our care and
passion for health is demonstrated by the qualifications we demand
in every product bearing the Farmland Fresh Dairies name.... no
hormones added / rBST free, antibiotic free milk supply, local
sourcing, purity and superior taste.
Our relationships are based on trust, integrity and family values.
We serve and enhance our communities. We support our associates to
be the best they can be and champion excellence and continuous
improvement. We believe in teamwork. We work closely with our
partners in an open environment to create "win-win" relationships.
We believe it is a privilege to serve. We are always looking for
talented individuals that are passionate about innovation and
providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision plan, 401K, Paid
Vacation, Sick and Holidays, Life Insurance Plan
Make up to $30.00 PER HOUR
- Checks with supervisor promptly at the start of the shift for
day s assigned schedule.
- Reviews and tracks truck temperature and fuel logs
- Performs safety inspections of the yard horse and trailer
according to DOT regulations
- Maintains communication with supervisor on truck rotations via
- Conducts inspection of all trucks once parked by the bay to
ensure they are chocked securely
- Moves trailers in a safe and accurate manner as requested per
- Takes trailer temperature checks periodically while on
- Communicates with supervisors on temperature and fuel
- Reports any issues on the yard such as traffic obstacles or
hazards, accidents etc.
- Ensures all reefers are in ON mode when backed into a loading
- Performs general housekeeping duties in work area as
- Attaches empty trailers to "Yard Tractor" and transport to the
appropriate loading dock door.
- Secures all equipment and completes all necessary paperwork at
the end of the shift
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- CDL Class A license required
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- A minimum of 2 years experience working as a Yard Jockey or
- Experience using a yard horse preferred but not
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving
- Must know how to operate a 10 speed tractor and stick shift
/double clutch Mack trucks.
- Must have the availability to work overtime hours, weekends and
- Morning availability required. Shift start time is between
Do you have a CDL but don t have experience? We provide the
training with our apprenticeship program. Experienced CDL drivers
will be your mentors.
Don t have a CDL yet? We can help you, start with us as a driver s
helper. We offer CDL tuition assistance programs.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you have questions or want to express interest in
Farmland Fresh Dairies Driver Opportunities, please call
(866) 704-7977 ex 2438 or Click APPLY BELOW
Keywords: Farmland Fresh Dairies, Stamford , Yard Jockey CDL A $30/hr, Professions , Paterson, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!