Clinical Engineering Technician - Bio Med
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Performs repairs and maintenance of patient, and non patient care
equipment according to established standards. Calibrates machines
and provides technical assistance to equipment users and junior
members of the department. Maintains proper documentation on all
activities and oversees correct installation of new equipment;
performs preventive maintenance inspections, safety tests,
calibrations, and repairs on that equipment as necessary.
- May install, adjust, maintain, and/or repair biomedical
equipment as needed.
- Tests, evaluates, and assigns SMI control device numbers to all
new medical and laboratory equipment, prior to equipment use.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and calibrates patient, lab and
- Provides advice and guidance to Junior Biomedical Engineering
- Performs preventive maintenance and calibration of patient, and
non patient care equipment.
- Evaluates the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
- 1-3 years of supporting clinical equipment in Surgical Services
- 1-3 years of supporting GE or Philips patient monitoring and
- 1-3 years of tech support in Radiology and or Cath Laboratory
- 1-3 years of IT tech support and hardware repairs preferred
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Clinical Engineering Technician - Bio Med, Professions , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!