Director of Maintenance
Company: Artis Senior Living
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Director of Environmental Services (Maintenance) is responsible
for the Environmental Services operation of the community as well
as overseeing the safety and security of the community residents
and staff. He/she is responsible for performing repairs and
Environmental Services on equipment. Other responsibilities of the
position include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment
as needed, and performing regular daily, weekly and monthly
Environmental Services checks in accordance with Artis policy. The
Director of Environmental Services follows established safety rules
and policies and procedures of the Environmental Services
department, keeps required records and submits them to the
Executive Director and Property Manager when required. The Director
of Environmental Services is responsible for efficiently managing
the building's housekeeping and laundry operations and the
Housekeeping Department staff. This position requires supervisory
abilities, along with extensive knowledge of institutional
housekeeping operations, including supplies ordering, cleaning
procedures, and equipment operation.
*Essential Position Functions: ** Oversees Environmental Services,
security, housekeeping and laundry.
* Coordinates and provides for the completion of corrective and
preventative Environmental Services of the grounds and building in
a timely manner.
* Maintains the building in good repair and free of hazards such as
those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems,
* Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal,
State and local laws.
* Maintains the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good
working order, performs test on fire alarm and emergency generator
system weekly and keeps required records of test results.
* Performs preventative and corrective equipment Environmental
* Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the
policies and procedures of the Environmental Services
* Participates in budget planning for the Environmental Services
* Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Executive
* Attends Coordinator meetings and sits on required committees.
* Remains on call for emergencies 24 hours a day, as needed.
* Assures that all staff in this department is thoroughly oriented
to their job expectations and customer relation issues.
* Trains all departmental staff so that all bill backs are
confirmed with the resident prior to work performed and every
effort is made to maximize ancillary revenue.
* Follows proper work order procedures, confirms receipt and sees
that work schedule is made for each resident within 24 hours of the
* Develops a current ledger to be kept on all vendor accounts,
outside contractors and technicians by service area, and contact
* Maintains OSHA regulations on file or posted.
* Maintains records of drills and safety training for all
* Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when
bending, lifting and using equipment or chemicals.
* Assures that the department consistently meets budgetary
guidelines on a monthly basis.
* Supervises security staff.
* Maintains key/lock/card system for apartments and offices.
* Establish and enforce Security Policy and Procedures.
* Consistently follows a written, current master cleaning plan for
the entire community;
* Assures that apartment/common areas cleaning schedules are
maintained and posted;
* Assures that housekeeping staff is following apartment cleaning
* Informs housekeeping of limitations of service and ancillary
* Assures that staff work schedules are planned at least one week
in advance and strictly comply with the labor budget.
* Assures that copies of current service contracts operating and
service manuals, and all warranty information are properly filed
* Assures that supplies are ordered on a timely basis, inventoried
quarterly, and stored in a secure area.
* Assures that a written key control policy is in place and
consistently followed. Checks out keys to housekeeping aides for
apartments they have cleaning responsibility for only.
* Informs all staff of infection control and disposal of hazardous
waste in accordance with Artis policy.
* Assures that all chemicals are stored and labeled in accordance
with Artis policy.
* Assures that staff are fully trained on safety procedures for
refilling self-dispensing chemicals.
* Assures that inventories of and emergency procedures for each
chemical are on file and are accessible.
* Is aware of individual resident needs and reports noticeable
changes in functioning to supervisor.
* Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when
lifting, moving furniture and using chemicals.
* Assures that par levels are developed and maintained at all times
with a written inventory to assure an adequate supply of linens
* Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel
as well as counsels/disciplines assigned personnel according to the
established company personnel policy.
* Assists in performing housekeeping duties as needed.
* Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to
minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that
the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and
sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying
out the site's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being
familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
* Puts Customer Service First; ensures that residents and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
* Performs all other duties as requested.
*Education/Experience: ** Must have demonstrated experience as a
plant engineer and is sensitive to needs of elders and disabled
* Experience in supplies ordering and cleaning equipment operation
* A high school degree or a graduation equivalent is required.
* Basic knowledge of wiring, plumbing, painting, carpentry, heating
and HVAC systems.
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Job Type: Full-time Work
Location: One location
Keywords: Artis Senior Living, Stamford , Director of Maintenance, Professions , Commack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!