Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician III up to $7500 Sign-On Bonus!
Posted on: June 25, 2022
US0306 Sysco Long Island, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by performing
quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as
performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent
breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize
the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life
cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles
including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty
vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with
all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies.
(Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates,
light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize
safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and
any company-owned equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair to
refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely,
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines,
transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and
suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including
regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake
systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and
II to aid in their development to positions of greater
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or
Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
Education and / or Experience:
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school and
4 years of experience or 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred, Not
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and
- ASE certifications; Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
(preferred not required)
- EPA section 608 (Core & Type II) and 609 HVAC Refrigeration
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for
OEM's and component manufacturers
- The technician must provide own and provide all tools
(diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary
to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
refrigeration systems (
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance
Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas,
electric, MIG, TIG)
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
The physical demands described here are a representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or
feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must
frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger
dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business
hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate
is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined
spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be
reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Stamford , Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician III up to $7500 Sign-On Bonus!, Professions , Commack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!