Operations & Maintenance Technician
Company: Veolia North America
Location: Bedford Hills
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Company DescriptionVeolia is the world's leading environmental
services company with -179,000 employees globally and a 160-year
history. We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for
cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries. -Job
DescriptionResponsibilities/Duties for this position:
- Operation, inspection, and monitoring of treatment plant
equipment and pump stations.
- Perform process control sampling, laboratory tests, and field
- Read gauges and meters, adjust process equipment as
- Completes daily process control sheets for his/her shift.
- Maintain accurate operator logbook and bench sheet
- Takes corrective action as necessary to keep facility equipment
and processes functioning smoothly and according to plant
- Performs routine inspection and minor maintenance of equipment
at treatment facilities and lift stations.
- Maintain facility appearance and clean work areas as
- Must be capable of physical activities such as lifting and
carrying up to 60 pounds, walking up to three miles per day,
climbing stairs and ladders, working outside in all weather
- Must wear supplied uniforms and safety equipment.
- Must be motivated, self-directed, and capable of working
- Must be able to take direction, follow instructions, and
cooperate with others to perform as a team.
- Must be safety conscious and follow all safety rules and
procedures.QualificationsExperience needed for this position
(number of years, types on industries, etc):
- Experience in wastewater treatment a plus.
- Some experience in plant operations, industrial or
- Experience with operation and maintenance of machinery and
tools.Education and/or Licensing needed for this position:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- New York State Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
certification a plus.
- Must possess a valid New York State driver's license.Additional
InformationAbout Veolia:Veolia offers the most complete range of
environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities,
governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of
talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled. -We help our
customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges
in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients'
energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and
recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe,
cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities
and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations
throughout North America. - -We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer!All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Stamford , Operations & Maintenance Technician, Professions , Bedford Hills, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!