AutomationCalibration Technician Support
Location: Oyster Bay
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and calibrates a wide array of
Compounding, Packaging and Facilities equipment including but not
limited to mixing kettles, washers, mills, pumps, tube fillers,
bottle fillers, cartoners, collators, over-wrappers, labelers,
print systems, inspection systems, case packers, water systems.
- First responder, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electrical
equipment problems with little or no supervision in all areas of
the facility, documenting repairs per local requirements.
- Perform and document scheduled routine preventative maintenance
on electrical systems as required.
- Calibrates instruments, such as gauges, chart recorders,
timers, RTDs, pumps, RPM displays, and other devices as
- Complete required documentation to certify the verification and
calibration in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate input of information
into the Calibration Computer Maintenance Management System to
ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assists in developing initiatives to reduce costs and
dependency on outside vendors for calibration.
- Communicates and works with Mechanics and Facilities
Maintenance associates to resolve cross-over issues.
- Work with site MRO to maintain inventory of routinely used
parts and supplies.
- Supports installations of new equipment, electrical tie in of
new equipment to new and existing lines.
- Supports the execution of IQ and OQ protocols on new equipment
and equipment modifications.
- Research and identify Functionally Equivalent components for
replacement of obsolete and unavailable components. Provides
necessary information for appropriate documentation of functionally
- Assemble and install electrical equipment modifications,
upgrades and improvements as directed by engineering
- Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies,
and all other quality or regulatory requirements (OSHA, DEA, FDA,
EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.). Ensures all work is performed in a
safe, effective manner, and in compliance with the appropriate
industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards, and
Departmental, Plant, and Corporate quality and Behavioral Based
Safety (BBS) goals.
Note: This position may require the labeling, packaging or movement
of hazardous (flammable, corrosive, toxic, etc.) waste within the
facility. If so, this employee would be trained under OSHAs
HAZWOPER standard, 29 CFR 1910.120 as an 8-Hour first responder,
24-Hour incident commander, or a 40-Hour incident commander.
In lieu of HAZWOPER training, the employee will receive training on
the requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
pursuant to 40 CFR 265.16.
All employees that have received the above mentioned training upon
hire will receive annual refresher training that covers the OSHA
HAZWOPER standard and the requirements of RCRA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
satisfactory visual acuity and color perception. Visual acuity and
color blindness screenings may be used to screen applicants.
- Satisfactory visual acuity means at least 20/20 vision,
corrected or uncorrected.
- Satisfactory color vision means ability to recognize traffic
signals and devices showing the standard red, green, and amber
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be:
- Able to stand and walk around the facility for extended periods
of time (up to 8 hours per shift).
- Flexible enough to access equipment panels that are mounted in
- Have good manual dexterity for operating hand tools.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity
Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We
do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or
other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse
teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and
we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold
innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash
their full potential.Minimum requirements
- High School Diploma is required
- Associate's Degree or Certificate in Electrical Engineering
Technology is preferred
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting, repairing and installing
electrical control systems is required (with Associate's
- 5+ years experience troubleshooting, repairing and installing
electrical control systems is required (with High School
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology is
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and
while were proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do
to help improve and extend peoples lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions
can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital
innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture
underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can
reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to
aggressively and ambitiously tackle the worlds toughest medical
challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!DivisionNovartis
Technical OperationsBusiness UnitNTO SANDOZ TECHOPSCountryUSAWork
LocationHicksville, NYCompany/Legal EntityEon Labs IncFunctional
AreaTechnical OperationsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment
TypeRegularShift WorkYesEarly TalentYes
Keywords: Novartis, Stamford , AutomationCalibration Technician Support, Professions , Oyster Bay, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!