Quality Control Technician
Company: A&E Television Networks, LLC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of
media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire
life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce,
transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech
infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team
that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic
industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user
experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our
mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking
for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager
to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry,
then we look forward to speaking with you!THE ROLE: Quality Control
TechnicianA&E Television Networks is seeking a Quality Control
Technician who is responsible for the QC of AETN programs prior to
Broadcast. Candidate will perform an extensive and detailed
assessment of SD and HD media. Must have the ability to identify
any impairments, anomalies, artifacts, and ensure that all content
meets network standards and air critical deadlines. This staff
position requires days, weekends and periodic overtime on short
notice as needed.MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Evaluate show and movie master files for technical quality,
Standards & Practices, grammar, spelling and closed caption
- Perform technical quality check of live content.
- Monitor incoming emails, facilitate requests, prioritize air
dates and communicate all technical issues to Lead
- Check edits and verify technical fixes, revise reports and
update department records.
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively and work
autonomously with minimal supervision.WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:On our
team, you will have the opportunity to watch great content. You
will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to
get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world.
Collaborate with Acquisitions and Producers to name just a few of
the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your
creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to
producing and delivering award winning content and sharing
- 4 year bachelor's degree in TV/Film or Media Related Program
and/or 2-4 years related job experience in the Media Industry.
- Extremely observant, with an excellent attention to
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Practical knowledge of production, post-production and
broadcast related problems.
- Strong knowledge of Broadcast file formats, and the ability to
read waveform/vector and audio scopes.
- Knowledge of VTR machines a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, SDVI and MediaFlex a plus.
- Knowledge of Baton Auto QC a plus
- Positive attitude with a passion to excel in a team-oriented
- Interest in new technology and a desire to work in the
- High-Speed home internet; ability to download large media files
- Bilingual Spanish is highly preferred. Posted 3 Days Ago Full
time R0004701 About Us Hi there. Interested in learning, doing, and
being a key part of a global entertainment media company? At A+E
Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in
humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the
extraordinary. Stories remind us that we are more similar than
different; stories honor the diversity and communality of human
experience. Storytelling is how we share our meaning and purpose.
This is our truth. This is A+E. We connect, cultivate, and
celebrate our diverse family of award-winning content creators,
giving them everything they need to be the bravest
Keywords: A&E Television Networks, LLC, Stamford , Quality Control Technician, Professions , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!