Lead Surgical Technician (FT) - Specialty Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Location: US-CT-Stamford# of Openings: 1Category:
Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 13542Overview
The Specialty Surgery Center of Connecticut has a lot to offer in
terms of flexibility with staff. This team has a three day weekend
(Saturday, Sunday, and Mondays OFF) every week and can work Tues-
Friday up to 10 hour days. We also offer flexibility with hours (do
you only want 30 hours? Great, we can accommodate you!). For us its
about getting great people like you in the door and understanding
that families and personal lives matter!
The Surgical Technician Lead is responsible for providing safe and
direct surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical
procedures dependent on individual competence within the ASC to
identified age groups. In collaboration with other members of the
multi-disciplinary care team, the surgical technologist competently
performs job responsibilities in accordance with all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies
and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding
customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining
relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of
physician and facility's policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working
relationships with other departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients,
physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public - in person, on
the telephone, or by email.
- Coordinates and performs activities routinely as appropriate
with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality
- Preforms the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs
of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any
needs throughout a procedure.
- Ensures all supplies, equipment and medications are assembled
prior to the start of the procedure.
- Responsible for ensuring all new equipment requests are
appropriately analyzed based on utilization and data from the
- Understands the high standards and cost savings and containment
of the ASC.
- Promotes safe environment. Takes appropriate action in
emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which
may endanger patients, visitors, and employees.
- Assists the team with safe and appropriate operating room
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and
performs handwashing according to policy.
- Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and
diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team.
Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Surgical Technician Certification (CST) required
- Current CPR
- 1-2 years ASC or hospital Experience REQUIRED
- Multispecialty surgical experience strongly preferred. Center
is heavy in orthopedics, ENT, pain management, and
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and
positive interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Stamford , Lead Surgical Technician (FT) - Specialty Surgery Center, Professions , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!