Director, Demand Planning - FP&A
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Lovesac we believe you should be free to live the life you
love and that--we should all live in Total Comfort. From Sactionals
- The World's Most Adaptable Couch---, to Sacs - The World's Most
Comfortable Seat---, Lovesac products are durable, changeable, and
truly designed for life. Our founder's philosophy, Designed for
Life---, demands that our products are both built to last a
lifetime and designed to evolve with our ever-changing lives. It's
an uncompromising approach to achieving true sustainability. At
Lovesac we are committed to living and succeeding by incorporating
our Guiding Principles: We can all win together Doing less and
doing better We're borrowing this earth from our children The couch
is the kitchen table Love Matters Currently, we are seeking to hire
a Director of Demand Planning who will partner with Sales,
Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand
forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. As
the Director of Demand Planning you will be accountable to provide
focus and integration of data from Sourcing, Marketing, Sales,
Operations, and Finance, which are used to develop accurate and
timely forecasts supporting Operations, Sales and Financial
Planning.-- Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to
develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated
area of the business.
- Must be accountable for providing focus and integration of data
from Sourcing, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance, which are
used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting
Operations, Sales and Financial Planning.
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business
unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch
volumes, product changes and seasonal volume.
- Lead the monthly Planning and Control (MPC) meetings and
preparations across all the primary functions noted above. MPC is
Lovesac's internal Sales and Operations Planning process
- Responsible for understanding and reinforcing manufacturing,
marketing and financial processes to link and align with
- Provide guidance and oversight of SKU level forecasts, to
ensure alignment with business direction and consistency with
- Communicate demand forecast plans and the assumptions behind
them through the supply chain.
- Work closely with the Supply Planning/MSL team to identify and
resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply
- Establish and manage SKU level statistical forecasts for their
specific area of accountability.
- Gather and incorporate all sources of market intelligence to
produce the best possible operational forecast.
- Update and monitor process key performance indicators and
diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and
prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a
quality requiring minimal supervisory review.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and
respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects
our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core
values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor s degree required; preferably in the area of Supply
Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other
quantitative business discipline.
- Minimum 8 years work experience preferably within a Retail and
Manufacturing industry; minimum of 5-7 years forecasting
- Develop statistical forecast by SKU up to 18 months to guide
supply chain activities and financial forecast.
- Lead initiatives to improve forecast accuracies.
- Build models to forecast cost of inbound freight and last mile
- Data management/databases.
- Experience in Retail environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Marketing, Supply Chain and or
- Must have ability to work cross functionally, build
relationships and excel in a team environment.
- Business acumen/sound judgment essential. Position has a
significant impact on the operating results of the business unit.
Must be able to quickly grasp the various dimensions of
- Demonstrated experience leading demand planning or other
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed
KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a
changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level
of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve
problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a
variety of situations and understand the implications of a decision
on all affected parts of the business unit.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and
interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems,
anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating
solutions and experiences that drive business results and
engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all
clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all
- Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel
required, advanced Excel preferred.
- Experience as a power user of an enterprise forecast modeling
tool is a must, e. g. Logility; SAP, Oracle Demantra.--
- Experience with Data management/databases.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures
outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Consistent ability to work both remotely and report into
Corporate Headquarters or designated showroom , as required and in
accordance with Lovesac policies, CDC and State Guidelines.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as
required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able
to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75
pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from
position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working
on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole
discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various
forms of transportation.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac
Values: Lovesac Core Values - Willing to sweep the floors Grit
Aspirational Values - Customer Centricity Only "A" Players
Executional Excellence Table-Stakes Values - Positivity Passion Em
pathy Transparency Our stores including our website are open seven
days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday
availability. Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and
considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religious creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, military status,
genetic information or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Lovesac, Stamford , Director, Demand Planning - FP&A, Professions , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!