Company: Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job DetailsJob Location 201 TRESSER BLVD SUITE 500 - STAMFORD,
CT - Description Description
CHEERS! Founded in 1981, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits markets
quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine
regions of the world. With headquarters in Stamford, CT, DFWS is
the 4th largest wine company with one of the fastest-growing
spirits portfolios in the U.S. With our family values and unique
culture, DFWS was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the
U.S. in 2022 and 2023.
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a Direct-to-Consumer
Lead - Josh Cellars, The Calling, and Force and Grace - who
possesses the below skills.
This exciting opportunity is a new role within Deutsch Family Wine
& Spirits focused on transforming our Direct To Consumer platforms
for fine wine brands The Calling and Force & Grace, making them
significant elements of the marketing mix and making DTC a strong
revenue generating activity for the fine wine arm of the Deutsch
This role will also be charged with continuing to build the
fast-growing revenue of our DTC channel for Josh Cellars - the
industry's leading premium wine brand - while also turning DTC into
a recruitment and loyalty building engine for Josh Cellars that
enables the company to build its capability in first party data
acquisition and management across the full marketing mix, in areas
such as media planning and content marketing.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Josh Cellars Trademark and
Portfolio Digital, this role will require both strong luxury brand
building capability as well as a strong performance marketing
orientation, as the individual will be the thought leader in
building elevated, personalized communications for affluent, highly
wine educated individuals, as well as helping DFWS to establishing
modern marketing principles in the application of data to enhance
communication targeting and messaging. The role will have one
- You will be responsible for developing and executing strategies
to drive sales growth within our e-commerce and direct-to-consumer
(DTC) channels for Josh Cellars, Force and Grace, The Calling and
future DTC brands, with a focus on acquiring new customers and
enhancing customer retention and loyalty.
- You will play a key role in shaping the overall CRM and loyalty
strategy and ensuring its alignment to company goals.
- You will be expected to utilize a deep understanding of DTC and
CRM principles to help drive holistic overall business strategies
that leverage data-driven insights to optimize customer engagement
initiatives and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
Customer Lifecycle Management
- Develop and implement comprehensive CRM and loyalty strategies
and communications that grow wine club membership, drive repeat
purchases, and increase customer lifetime value inclusive of
activities such as offer bundles, member events, email, and direct
- Lead all database and tele-sales marketing initiatives,
utilizing customer segmentation and personalization techniques to
deliver tailored experiences and offers to different customer
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Brand
Marketing, Innovation, Finance, and Production, to develop unique
product pipelines for DTC that drive enhanced value relative to
- Develop best-in-class materials and campaigns with a high
attention to detail and leverage brand marketing and e-commerce
retail moments/occasions via the DTC calendar.
- Define an annual calendar of member and non-member events
designed to attract new and retain existing wine club members in
priority geographies. Define events and prepare forecasts/budgets
prior to each fiscal year for alignment with marketing and finance
- Act as a brand ambassador for the fine wine brands, developing
new sales opportunities and providing consumers with best-in-class
wine education and engagement in a manner that demonstrates
- Ensure members receive excellent customer service across their
club membership and purchase cycle.
Analytics, Reporting, Test & Learn
- Track purchase trends by member, allocation, and e-commerce
sales to create further selling and re-marketing
- Monitor and evaluate KPIs related to customer retention,
loyalty, and sales, and provide regular reports and insights to
- Conduct A/B testing and analyze results to optimize CRM and
loyalty programs and campaigns.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in CRM,
loyalty, and e-commerce, and proactively identify innovative tech
stacks and approaches that enhance customer experiences and drive
- Analyze customer data to identify insights, trends, and
opportunities for improving customer retention and loyalty.
Vendor Management and Development
- Manage external partner and vendor relationships focusing on
building strong partnerships, JBPs and learning agendas, and
ensuring delivery and support in alignment with SLAs.
- Define and manage budgets for external partners and internal
- Collaborate with the IT team to develop business casing for new
MarTech tools and investments.
- Proven experience (7+ years) in CRM and loyalty management,
e-commerce or DTC, with a strong preference for doing so in the
- Must have deep experience in crafting wine and/or luxury
marketing/communications with an acute attention to
- Must have a strong knowledge of wine at a rich enough level to
be credible in crafting content for wine engaged audiences, as well
as face-to-face education.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to find, acquire and engage
new wine consumers, both high involvement/affluent and everyday
wine consumers, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing CRM and
loyalty strategies that drove customer retention, loyalty, and
sales growth, specifically with membership/club programs. Must have
a considered POV on how to provide improved club member
- Advanced writing and communication skills with excellent
interpersonal skills and a polished, professional presentation
- Proficiency with CRM platforms, data analysis tools, and
marketing automation software.
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, personalization,
and lifecycle marketing strategies.
- Must be able to form hypothesis and uncover insights based on
data, A/B testing, and leveraging past learnings.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data,
generate insights, and make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with
the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet
- Intermediate level experience with Google Analytics.
We Value Diversity
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity. We cultivate a work
environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue
to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with
the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage.
Building an inclusive culture continues to be at the core of all we
About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded
in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced
by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In
2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to
include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its
brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the
modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two
generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their
continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships
throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow
tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard
Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer
Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de
Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini,
Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale
Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits:
Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray
Whale Gin, Luksusowa Vodka and Cantera Negra Tequila.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at
Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, Stamford , DTC Lead, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!