Principal Industrial Designer
Company: The Lovesac Company
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job Details - Salary Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 Salary/year
Description Our Purpose:
At Lovesac, we are committed to bringing Total Comfort to millions
of homes. That means having furniture that can evolve along with
them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals, The Worlds Most Adaptable Couch, to Sacs, The
Worlds Most Comfortable Seat, Lovesac products provide peace of
mind where others cannot. Our products can adapt to fit almost any
space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new way
of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and
evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfill, which
is good for families and our environment.
What We Believe:
Love. It is the name we live up to. It is purposefully and
meaningfully woven into every aspect of our business. We champion
building meaningful relationships as we foster a culture that
embraces and celebrates the experiences, beliefs, backgrounds,
expertise, talent, and individuality of everyone. We seek to
promote love and happiness with all that we do. #LoveMatters
We are committed to working and succeeding by incorporating our
Guiding Principles into every aspect of our business:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We are borrowing this earth from our children
Home is where life happens
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Principal Industrial Designer.
As a Principal Industrial Designer, you are responsible for
directing the design process for Lovesac's Sactional platform and
future innovations. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in
shaping the design direction, product development, and market
competitiveness for Lovesac. You will collaborate with
cross-functional teams, including engineers, sourcing
professionals, and marketing professionals, to bring Designed For
Life concepts to production.
This position is considered hybrid and will report into Lovesac
Corporate Headquarters based in Saint George, Utah. It will require
a hybrid schedule calling for your flexibility to work onsite at
the designated HUB or Retail touchpoints as needed in addition to
travel required by the Company for occasional meetings and
conferences. Generous relocation assistance available.
Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
- Set the design vision and strategy for Sactional innovations
and Hardgoods projects.
- Foster a culture of innovation and creativity within the design
- Generate innovative and original concepts that align with
marketing guidance and Lovesac's Designed for Life
- Conduct research to stay updated on design trends, materials,
and consumer preferences.
- Create detailed sketches, renderings, 3D models, and
prototyping samples of concepts to communicate both form and
function to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering and technology teams to ensure
designs are feasible for production.
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, setting
timelines and priorities to meet product development
- Effectively communicate and own the lead contact position for
any external resource partnership with vendors, contractors, and
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and
respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects
our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core
values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Qualifications Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required in Industrial Design or related
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in Industrial
Design or Product Design.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in leadership role and/or
project ownership role.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to meet
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to
create physical samples in a shop setting.
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed
KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a
changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level
of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve
problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a
variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and
interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems,
anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, mathematical and
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating
solutions and experiences that drive business results and
engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all
clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel &
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures
outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as
required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able
to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75
pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from
position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working
on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole
discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various
forms of transportation.
- Consistent ability to work both remotely and report into
Corporate Headquarters or designated retail touchpoint, as required
and in accordance with Lovesac policies, CDC and State
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only A Players
Full Time Benefits*
Financial Benefits: Annual Bonus Program, Annual and Inaugural
Grant Equity Awards, 401K Matching Contribution, Financial Wellness
Tools, Sales Incentive Program.
Health and Wellness Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health
Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Parental Leave,
Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical
Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to 120 hours of paid time off within our fiscal
calendar year, prorated from date of hire, 8 paid company
recognized holidays, Summer Flex Time.
Pet Insurance and generous Associate Discounts.
*Eligibility and terms for all benefits listed are as outlined in
Lovesac's policy and plan documents.
Associate pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications,
experience, skill level and competencies.
Our customers have the opportunity to shop with us seven days a
week and select positions may require availability outside of
normal working hours.
Our touchpoints, including our website, are open seven days a week
and require morning, evening, weekend, and holiday
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious
creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, military status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Disclaimer: The above statements describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by individuals employed in this
position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position.
The job may change as the business changes or customer need changes
or may vary somewhat from location to location. Management retains
the right, authority, and discretion to add or change the duties of
the position at any time. Associates must learn and observe
applicable company policies and safe practices, as well as perform
all duties assigned by supervisors. This job description does not
constitute an employment contract.
To the extent an employee requires a reasonable accommodation in
order to perform the duties of this job, please direct such
requests to The Lovesac People Department.
Keywords: The Lovesac Company, Stamford , Principal Industrial Designer, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!