Patient Care Associate(PCA)
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Under direction and supervision of Registered Nurse, assists
patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing
care, and performs a variety of procedures, exams and tests.
Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment, and
promotes improved customer relations
- Functions as a key member of the nursing care team
participating in the implementation of the patient*s plan of
- Promotes improved customer relations with patients and their
families. Makes recommendations for improved patient care and the
promotion and maintenance of a safe, cost-effective health-care
- Assists the nurse in providing for all ADL (activities of daily
living) needs of patients. Communicates and documents patient
- Assists the nurse and other health team members by performing a
variety of procedures, exams, tests, treatments and clerical duties
as required by the unit.
- Communicates and documents all pertinent data.
- Maintains non-patient and patient care units in a neat and
orderly condition; strips patient units upon discharge and prepares
rooms for new admissions; maintains necessary stock on all
procedure and supply carts; and ensures that all equipment is clean
and in its appropriate place.
- Transports/accompanies patients to various departments, as
directed; performs post-mortem care and transports body to
- Utilizes proper isolation techniques and established safety,
waste disposal and infection control procedures at all
- Follows Medical Center*s policies and procedures supporting
quality assurance efforts in-patient care services.
- Participates in various continuing education programs, surveys,
and attends staff meetings, as directed.
- Accesses medication delivery and/or medication areas, as
authorized, in the performance of required duties, as
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a NYS Certified Nursing Attendant
program, required if working on the NWEST Transitional Care
- Heart Saver Certification, preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in at least one of the following; EKG
testing or venipuncture procedure, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and/or
- Demonstrated competency in basic mathematics
- Ability to operate all medical equipment necessary to perform
- Ability to lift, turn, position, move and restrain patients as
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Patient Care Associate(PCA), Other , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!