Company: Girl Scouts of Suffolk County
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Girl Scouts of Suffolk County is the largest youth-serving
agency on Long Island, serving more than 15,000 girls, building
girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a
better place. Our youth-serving agency operates two beautiful camps
in Bayport and Yaphank, New York, offering over 100 programs,
enriching the girls in our community. Join our team, and earn a
competitive salary while empowering today's youth.
*Position Description: *
The Communications Associate will help enhance our brand and build
strong online communities through various marketing and
communication strategies. The person will create and develop
content for internal and external audiences. In addition, they will
plan and implement communications strategies that expand our
presence across all platforms with GSSC guidelines and brand
*Essential Job Functions: *
* Assist the Creative Director and Multi-Media Designer with
campaigns, videography, photography, interviews, and campaign
* Writing original content for websites, social media, ads, blogs,
online magazines, and announcements.
* Assist with creating and updating the GSSC website.
* Assist with the company's social media accounts and offer
constructive interaction with users. Generate, edit, publish, and
share content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds
meaningful connections in the communities we serve.
* Assist with the design of various marketing pieces utilizing
Adobe Creative Suite to advertise internal and external
* Ensures that diversity and pluralizes are embraced and
incorporated into the council's work.
* Collaborate across multiple departments to create engaging,
compelling, and accurate content.
* Collect and pitch stories or articles highlighting accomplished
Girl Scouts, alumnae, Troop efforts of significance, and other
reports highlighting the Council programs and our mission.
* Compile recurring newsletters to ensure up-to-date and relevant
information reaches various audiences.
* Facilitate video editing for recruitment and retention
initiatives researching current video marketing trends, and
designing creative video bases for general branding.
* Event support.
* May perform other related duties as assigned
* Other duties as assigned.
* Degree in communications (e.g., marketing, advertising,
journalism, public relations---) preferred, or equivalent
* Internship or volunteer experience in public relations,
advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related
field is preferred; strong writing, project coordination, and
creative problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge of social media platforms and analytics, including
writing and editing social media posts and improving customer
engagement; Suggest strategies to promote and evaluate the
council's social media presence and performance; Stay up to date on
best practices and emerging trends
* Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, specifically Pro, InDesign, and
Photoshop, and the ability to share examples of pieces created.
* Experience with email marketing campaign systems such as
Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, etc.
* Attentiveness to details concerning writing, proofreading,
managing deadlines, and scheduling your workload.
* Must be comfortable on camera or on-air representing the council
as needed in the media in various communities.
* Experience in video idea creation and editing using Adobe
AfterEffect or Pro.
* Adherence to GSSC policies and procedures.
* Registration as a member of Girl Scouts of the USA.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
* Willingness to travel as the job requires.
* Capability to provide own transportation and maintain valid
*Core Competencies: *
* Interpersonal Relations
* Team Building
* Customer Responsiveness
* Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct
* Time Management
* Fostering Diversity
* Great judgment and Decision Making
* Problem Solving
* Conflict Management
* Oral Communication
* Written Communication
* Information Management
* Organizational Knowledge
*PR/Communications Competencies: *
* Marketing Skill
* Volunteer Relations
* Project Management
* Project Evaluation
* Graphic Design
EOE/No Third Parties, Please
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $38,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
We follow standards and policies set forth by CDC and DOH.
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Commack, NY 11725: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Writing skills: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Commack, NY 11725%58047475%
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Suffolk County, Stamford , Communications Associate, Other , Commack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!