DIC Mammography Tech
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Prepares patient for exam. To relieve patient of pre-testing
anxiety, translates examination into layman terms based on
professional knowledge. Ensures consent form for procedure is
obtained, if necessary. Positions patient for taking of radiographs
according to the departmental standard operating procedures.
- Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supportive
devices for patients.
- Adjusts the x-ray equipment and operates controls to obtain
- May assist physicians in the performance of mammographic
image-guided interventional/special breast exams or procedures.
- Monitors patient's condition in accordance with technical and
safety standards. Recognizes and promptly reports patient's motor
abnormalities; including, fainting, discoloration, contrast
reactions etc., to the Radiologist.
- Monitors patient's condition during the procedure. Operates
equipment for transferring computed images to film and archival of
disc memory to tape.
- Processes and maintains exposed images. Labels film for
identification and maintains required records. Utilizes film makers
and ensures images are properly marked as the right or left side.
Ensures images are legibly labeled with correct date and patient
identification. Enters the exam onto the daily log sheet as needed.
Properly completes the correct tracking steps for each
- Keys in patient history data and other pertinent information
obtained from requisition.
Performs related duties, as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program,
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
registration in Mammography, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in mammography imaging,
Shift Details: Tuesday 9a-5:30p, Wednesday, 9:30a-6pm ( Reichert )
Thursday/Friday 9:30a-6p (Smithtown) & Saturday, 7:30a-4p
This position is eligible for a 10K Sign on Bonus!!
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , DIC Mammography Tech, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!