Sr Specialist Accounts Payable
Company: Lovesac Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Location: Stamford - Stamford, CT
Salary Range: Undisclosed
At Lovesac, we are committed to helping people fill their homes
with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve
along with them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals, The World--'s Most Adaptable Couch, to Sacs, The
World--'s Most Comfortable Seat, Lovesac products provide peace of
mind where others cannot. Our products can adapt to fit almost any
space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new way
of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and
evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfill which
is good for families and our environment.
What We Believe:
Love. It is the name we live up to. It is purposefully and
meaningfully woven into every aspect of our business. We champion
building meaningful relationships as we foster a culture that
embraces and celebrates the experiences, beliefs, backgrounds,
expertise, talent, and individuality of everyone. We seek to
promote love and happiness with all that we do. #LoveMatters
We are committed to working and succeeding by incorporating our
Guiding Principles into everything we do:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We are borrowing this earth from our children
Home is where life happens
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Sr Specialist for our Accounts
Payable team. In this role you will partner with the team to own
the Accounts Payable (AP) processes including entering invoices
into system; preparing and processing electronic transfers and
payments and checks; and administering guidelines for proper
handling and coding to ensure appropriate general ledger posting.
In addition, you will perform monthly general ledger closing
activities related to Accounts Payable, assist with monthly
accruals, complete month-end closing checklist, and reconcile
Accounts Payable transactions and prepare analysis of accounts to
ensure timely payments and identification of issues.
This position will report into Corporate Headquarters based in
Stamford, CT and will require flexibility to work onsite 1 to 2
times per month as well as remote.
Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
- Process incoming invoices, review coding for G/L accuracy,
period of service, month end process and all year end functions
- Maintain solid accrual processes to make sure expenses are
recorded to the correct accounting period.
- Assist team leadership role with department head.
- Assist with weekly payment cycle.
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and
respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects
our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core
values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-7 years of Accounts Payable experience in manufacturing,
assembly, retail or Inventory Management environment; 2-3 years
supervisor or team lead.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to
- Excellent knowledge of accrual process, invoice coding and
interpretation, period of service and GAAP (General Accepted
- NetSuite experience is preferred or other ERP systems (i.e.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (Pivot Tables and
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a
changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level
of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve
problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a
variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and
interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems,
anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, mathematical, and
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating
solutions and experiences that drive business results and
engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all
clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures
outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole
discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various
forms of transportation.
- Consistent ability to work both remotely and report into
Corporate Headquarters or designated retail touchpoint, as required
and in accordance with Lovesac policies, CDC and State
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only A Players
Our Showrooms, including our website, are open seven days a week
and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious
creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, military status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Disclaimer: The above statements describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by individuals employed in this
position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position.
The job may change as the business changes or customer need changes
or may vary somewhat from location to location. Management retains
the right, authority and discretion to add or change the duties of
the position at any time. Associates must learn and observe
applicable company policies and safe practices, as well as perform
all duties assigned by supervisors. This job description does not
constitute an employment contract.
Keywords: Lovesac Company, Stamford , Sr Specialist Accounts Payable, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!