Technology Support Specialist
Company: Upward Health of Rhode Island PC
Location: Islip Terrace
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Technology Support Specialist (TSS) is a key member of the
Upward Health Infrastructure & Security Team, and is responsible
for providing outstanding front line technical support on various
systems to our end users, as well as helping to develop and
maintain Upward Health's Internet and Intranet presences. The ideal
candidate will have experience working in a high pressure
environment, be familiar with Microsoft platforms, and be a quick
learner who can teach others while troubleshooting problems. Said
candidate will be a dynamic team player that understand the
importance of collaboration and communication. The TSS role
represents a unique opportunity for the right person to gain
valuable service and technical experience while working in a
cohesive team environment to provide systems administration,
support, and training for our regional clinical teams based
throughout the United States. Applicants must possess a
professional demeanor and be self-motivated, having a strong desire
to learn while maintaining flexibility and understanding that the
scope of services and protocols will evolve along with our
organization's mission of improving healthcare delivery for
underserved populations. Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for organizational support requests
and overall technical triage effort, performing various support
tasks for users as needed, and providing diligent documentation of
end-user communications and troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide ticketing system support for standard corporate
administrative tasks, physical and cloud infrastructure
maintenance, and incident resolution and root cause analysis for
various production incidents.
- Responsible for device- and account-level configuration and
maintenance, with a strong focus towards system security.
- Deliver reports and summaries to management which highlight
problem areas related to our systems and technical processes, along
with resolution proposals.
- Ensure comprehension, compliance, and dissemination of
organizational security protocols, especially around PHI and other
sensitive types of information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, approaching
problems with a can-do attitude, exhibiting the ability to work
independently, and the intuition to escalate issues when
- Developing and maintaining internal and external webpages,
managing existing content and developing new content as
- Optimization of shared internal resources, such as: environment
documentation, departmental SharePoint sites, knowledgebase
platforms (wiki, Confluence, etc.), and instructional/training
- Fluent in English; Spanish fluency a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or sufficiently
comparable professional experience in a help desk or technical
- Experience with Microsoft Environment administrative mainstays,
including (but not limited to): Azure, Office, SharePoint, Teams,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on
customer service and approachability.
- Ability to maintain, and improve when necessary, a help desk
escalation process, and ensure its successful execution.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and an ability to work in a
- Comfortable researching and recommending new/alternative
practices, programs, and systems. Upward Health is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting,
retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive
workforce. This job description is a general outline of duties
performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties
performed within the position. All individuals selected for a
position will undergo a background check appropriate for the
**We require all our employees to be vaccinated and to show proof
of vaccination upon hire** PM22 PI191512182
Keywords: Upward Health of Rhode Island PC, Stamford , Technology Support Specialist, Other , Islip Terrace, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!