Company: Zwanger & Pesiri Radiology Group
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Zwanger-Pesiri Radiology is looking for Ultrasound Technologists
for our Nassau and Brooklyn/Queens offices. Duties and
Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities include, but are not
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a professional and
courteous manner. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties,
providing explanations of the examination, and answering patient
- Verifies patient identity and exam to be provided in accordance
with current policies.
- Reviews prescriptions, patient history, and prior exams for
pertinent clinical information. Takes and records in RIS a thorough
and accurate patient medical history.
- Ability to diagnose findings and create detailed write-ups of
those findings. Must have the knowledge to measure findings in 3
planes to determine size of pathologies.
- Determining what would be the appropriate windows in which to
find pathologies and optimizing those images and determining when
something should be made urgent.
- Operate ultrasound equipment while keeping hands steady to
produce and record images of motion, shape, and composition of
blood, organs, or bodily masses, such as fluid accumulations.
- Create images necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting
and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Familiar with, Phillips IU22, Samsung A30, Siemens Sequoia,
Siemens S2000, Supersonic.
- Familiarity and willingness to be crossed trained in Special
procedures such as ECHOS, RCDS, ICAEL as well as biopsies and MSK
- Maintains on-going awareness of patients' needs while
performing procedure which requires physical contact, i.e., gentle
positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth and modesty,
and reassure patient during procedure.
- Keeps patient apprised of progress of exam. Responds to
inquiries politely and promptly.
- Transfers images to PACS or other workstations for
post-processing and proper archiving of studies.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulation.
- Assures that sterile or non-sterile supplies are present and in
working order or requisition materials.
- Effectively coordinates patient schedule with clerical
personnel, tech assistants, and other technologist to maintain
throughput and achieve productivity goals
- Provide assistance with such tasks as dressing and changing to
seriously ill, injured, or disabled patients.
- Adheres to establish infection control and sharps disposal
policy and procedures.
- Communicating with Doctors about findings and taking add images
- Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate
others as necessary keeping patients and others informed as
- Develop or otherwise produce film records of radiographic
Keywords: Zwanger & Pesiri Radiology Group, Stamford , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Commack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!