Seafood Department Supervisor
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job DescriptionAssists team leadership with the scheduling and
supervision of seafood Team Members as well as with the day-to-day
flow of the department. Oversees and maintains compelling seafood
displays. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department. Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Seafood Team Members.
- Works with Team Trainer to train Team Members in a manner that
builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes
- Assists in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning
checklists and training materials.
- Resolves difficult customer situations.
- Ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Makes sure temp, sweep, and sanitation logs are completed.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals Job
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to lead and
- Extensive knowledge of Seafood team procedures and
- Extensive knowledge of Seafood products and ability to
communicate living conditions of animals to customers and Team
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Thorough p roduct knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications Experience:
- 12+ months retail experience Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery .Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Stamford , Seafood Department Supervisor, Other , Commack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!