Wireless Engineer II - Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Company: Mediacom Communications Corporation
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Located in Blooming Grove, NY
To design and plan equipment/technology for a wireless network that
includes fixed wireless access using CBRS Spectrum, Microwave and
Qualified candidate will the following key
- RF design for fixed wireless access using Atoll tool.
- Selection of technology and equipment platforms to enable best
in the wireless technology.
- Work closely with other engineering teams such as IP
engineering and transmission engineering to ensure efficient
- Qualification of equipment in a laboratory environment, which
includes development of test requirements, test plans and
- Work closely with Service engineering/Sales to design and
Qualify design and services.
- Support service rollout by developing provisioning guidelines
and commissioning guidelines
- Participating and contributing to different industrial forums
such as Cablelabs.
- Architecting, design and test Wireless devices (Fixed Wireless
using LTE core/CBRS spectrum, P2P microwave, WiFi, LORAWAN)
- Provides technical assessment of requirements and definition
from conception to launch.
- Designs and validates RF link performance, quality, and
- Performs pre- and post-wireless site surveys using Ekahau
- Creates wireless survey reports and creates manuals and support
- Creates Bill of Materials
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing
protocols: i.e. IEEE801.1Q, QinQ, carrier ethernet, BGP, OSPF,
- Knowledge of security protection against flooding, denial of
- Traffic management and optimization - traffic shaping,
classification, policing, queuing, scheduling
- Network Management, performance measurement, fault management,
- Perform network maintenance, diagnostics work and provide
technical support to cross-organizational teams and engineering
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with
vendors for diagnosing and rectifying problems and candidate
possesses strong inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability
to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data
from various network, operating system, application, and security
devices, logs, and alerts.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Master degree is a plus.
- 5 or more years' experience on RF Design, LTE architecture and
technology planning for carrier and enterprise service provider
- Ability to learn new technologies, troubleshoot wireless
- Expert level with Atoll RF design tool. Required
Keywords: Mediacom Communications Corporation, Stamford , Wireless Engineer II - Located in Blooming Grove, NY, Other , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!