Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Company: Healthpro Heritage
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Healthpro-Heritage at Home is adding a COTA (Certified Occupational
Therapist) to our team of Home Health clinicians in Westchester,
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work
diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change
patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication
and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking
for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations,
maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (C.O.T.A.) is a
skilled technical worker who performs direct resident care
activities under the clinical supervision of the Occupational
1. Provide occupational therapy treatments to residents according
to treatment plans developed by the Occupational Therapist.
2. Assist the Occupational Therapist when performing tests,
evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
3. Observe, record and report to the therapist the conditions,
reactions and responses related to assigned duties.
4. Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes
on residents as directed by the therapist.
5. Assist with admission screening.
6. Assist the therapist in consulting with family members,
physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
7. Assist with the care of the occupational therapy department and
8. Assist the Occupational Therapist with in-service programs and
other meetings as assigned by the Occupational Therapist.
9. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
10. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare's regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
11. Attend and participate in, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
12. Adhere to company and facility policies and procedures and
participate in facility quality improvement and safety
13. Perform other duties, as assigned.
14. Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
15. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
16. Support the company's commitment to Compassionate Care;
projects a professional image to foster confidence in the rehab.
17. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
18. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant
2. Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the
state of practice.
3. Prefer experience in a setting serving the same age/type of
resident population served by this facility.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the
Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of the
6. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods:
* Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially
for prolonged periods of time
* Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object
for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the
force - push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
* Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or
moving an object laterally, from position to position-Required to
lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift
over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical
* Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips
and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time. -Reaching:
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away from the
* Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving
Recruiter : Email Address
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, Stamford , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), Other , Armonk, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!