Company: Sonic Healthcare
Location: Oyster Bay
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications:Position Summary:The Server Administrator is
responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support for
local lab Microsoft and VMware environment. The Server
Administrator is expected to have a basic foundation of Windows
Server, Windows workstations and Active Directory. The Server
Administrator's role is to install, administer, and optimize
servers to achieve high performance of the business applications
supported. This includes ensuring the availability of
virtualization hosts, configuring all new implementations, and
developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the
server environment. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining,
supporting, and optimizing all software and associated operating
systems working with the SHUSA Server Team.Essential Functions:
- Primary responsibility will be performing daily support of the
Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000, Microsoft Active Directory,
Microsoft Exchange and file/print services.
- Desktop support which includes, imaging, troubleshooting and
lock downs of desktop systems.
- Maintains inventory of all software licensing.
- Backs-up and restores files on servers; provides reliable
backup procedures, and operation plans for network\server
environment; and monitors the local daily backup activities. Ensure
all required file systems and system data are successfully backed
up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created,
and media is recycled and sent off site.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots group policy and
administrative templates with the SHUSA server team.
- Configures and troubleshoots Windows scripting following the
Sonic standards and site templates.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Work closely with Infrastructure Engineers and Specialists to
implement Server design modifications and enhancements.
- Provide user support, as needed. Investigate and troubleshoot
- Apply OS patches, updates, and upgrades to both server and
windows desktop environments on a regular basis, and upgrade
administrative tools and utilities in accordance with the Sonic
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology.
- Ability to work independently or in teams and manage multiple
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to
peers and management.
- On-Call rotation.
- Occasional travel for support/installations.
- Other duties as assigned.Education, Licensure, Certification:
- Associates (2-year) degree with a technical major, or two plus
years of experience.
- VMware VCP or Microsoft MCSE Certification would be a
plus.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:Weekend Shift 1 (United
States of America)Company:Sonic Healthcare USA, IncSonic Healthcare
USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare, Stamford , Server Administrator, Other , Oyster Bay, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!