Company: St. Catherine of Siena
Location: West Islip
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital Location: West Islip, NY
Department: Telecommunications Category: Service and Trade
Schedule: Part Time, including Weekends Shift: Flex- Hours:
7:00AM-3:00PM/ 3:00PM-11:00PM FLEX ReqNum: 6037813
Good Samaritan Hospital 7is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home
beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With
almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we
care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore
of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great
choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused
on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional
quality of care.
The Operator acts as primary public contact in performance of
computerized telephone operator duties.
* Employee aids in the orientation and training of new
* The night operator is also responsible for covering the console
and the Physician's Answering Service.The incumbent performs such
other related duties and tasks as may be assigned or required.
* Operator's duties include computerized console and routing all
calls to proper departments, any phone inquiries concerning the
hospital, receiving complaints and referrals to the appropriate
department.Reports phone equipment trouble to the Help Desk
* Enter change in shift for Respiratory, Phys. Assist and Nursing
* Contact interns and residents for outside calls, units and
* Announce codes properly, notify fire department, police and
appropriate hospital personnel, disaster drill and bomb threat
* Assists when receptionist is not available.
* Acts appropriately when teamwork is necessary, assists TAS
operator during busy periods.
* Must be articulate, courteous and accurate when answering
* Night operator responsible to handle TAS and operator tasks.
* Attends continuing education programs on-site and off-site
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Typing necessary
* 1-2 years of computer and console experience preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive
compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In
addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid
time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial
tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several
savings plan options for your future.
Keywords: St. Catherine of Siena, Stamford , Telephone Operator, Other , West Islip, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!