Company: The Stamford Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Fulltime (37.5 hours per week)Temporary position
Stamford Hospital is seeking an individual to join our team as a
Staff Assistant within our Perinatology Department. The primary
role of this position is to provide support by performing clerical
and administrative operations associated with a medical office.
This individual will perform general office functions (reception,
scheduling of patients, filing, etc.) ensuring that internal and
external customers' needs are met and that effective and efficient
operations are maintained. Apply today for this amazing
Major critical responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, provides information to callers, routes calls
as appropriate, take clear & concise messages and contacts
appropriate staff in order to promote effective
- Prepares various documents and handles confidential matters in
accordance with rules, policies and procedures. Respects and
protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and
discloses information only for the professional purposes which are
in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their
legal rights. Displays a positive attitude when interacting with
physician's office staff, physicians, and fellow employees of the
- Ensures that all patients / visitors are acknowledged upon
entering, greeting everyone in a friendly and welcoming
- Enters patient demographic and insurance information. Registers
/ pre-registers patients in system.
- Prepares the following day's patient charts by assuring that
all labs / test results or other consults are signed and in the
patient's medical record. Maintains charts, files laboratory and
ancillary reports when necessary. Ensures that information can
always be easily located and retrieved. Maintains accurate records.
Assists with medical records requests and form completion.
- Calls patients to reschedule cancelled / no show within 24
hours of appointment. Schedules initial and follow up appointments
utilizing the computerized scheduling system. Calls patients who do
not show for scheduled appointments. Calls to confirm patient
- Sends faxes and delivers faxes to appropriate individual
- Notifies patient of co-payment, collects / accepts co-payments
issuing legible receipts for patient and the billing
- Schedules and pre-certifies diagnostic tests.
- Maintains waiting room and office area, keeping space neat and
free from clutter.
- High School diploma is required
- Must exhibit a high degree of responsibility in confidential
- Knowledge of office record-keeping and workflow processing is
- Ability to balance multiple priorities is required.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and listening skills
are required. Knowledge of medical terminology is
- Strong interpersonal skills are required. Experience
successfully working with physicians and individuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and EMR
- Knowledge of other languages, a plus.
Keywords: The Stamford Hospital, Stamford , Staff Assistant, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!