Day Hab Community Integration Specialist/Part-Time
Company: AHRC Suffolk
Posted on: January 17, 2022
SPECIAL INCENTIVE FOR ALL NEW HIRES! $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
ADDITIONAL $500 AFTER 3 MONTH IS COMPLETED ANOTHER $500 AFTER SIX
MONTH ANNIVERSARY INCENTIVE OFFER VALID FOR NEW HIRES FROM MAY 1st
- DECEMBER 31ST
WE ALSO HAVE PART-TIME HOURS IN OUR DAY PROGRAMS
The Community Integration Specialist assists and trains
participants in making informed decisions and choices which allow
them to exercise self advocacy and control over their lives. Under
the direct supervision of the Day Habilitation Supervisor, an
employee in this position is responsible for assisting and training
in the areas of communication, life skills, social behaviors,
personal skills, health care, and promoting self reliance to the
extent possible.This position is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
(35 hours), Full Time and Benefit Eligible. On-call employment is
also available. ARE PART-TIME HOURS
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Attends meetings with participant and service coordinator.
- Maintains program setting in a neat, organized manner; adheres
to safety standards.
- Brings to the attention of supervisor any changes in the health
condition of the participant or any other pertinent
- Immediately contacts medical department in case of injury,
seizure or changes in participant's health status.
- Submits written reports (Case Action Summaries) on significant
events which have occurred to the participant in program, the
community or residential setting.
- As needed, assists participants in/out of van.
- Assists participants, as needed, with toileting and personal
- Assists participants, as needed, in transferring/lifting.
- Schedules activities based on participants needs
- Completes written assignments as required.
- Prepares all required paperwork in a comprehensive and timely
- As required and with specific training, administers
- With specific training, drives agency vehicle.
- As required and with specific training, maintains CPR and SCIP
- Keeps confidential, all information regarding program
- May be required to use own vehicle on agency business.
- Manages behavior problems in a prescribed manner; consults with
supervisors as required.
- Uses universal precautions when dealing with bodily
fluids.Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to carry out daily routine in a timely and organized
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to complete paperwork in a thorough and timely
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
with program participants, community and service coordinators.
- Ability to verbally present information at meetings in a
thorough and concise manner.
- Dress and comport oneself in a manner which is in keeping with
good safety practices, and serves as a positive role model to
individuals being served.
- Ability to learn and utilize special techniques needed to serve
the program participants.
- Ability to utilize proper body mechanics and transfer
- Some knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of the community arRequirementsMinimum Qualifications
- A High School Diploma or GED
- NYS Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Readiness to learn and utilize relevant agency computer
applications.Benefits3 weeks Vacation, 2 weeks sick, 1 week
personalMedical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance plansAfter
Probation Eligible for benefits if you don't need Medical and have
it elsewhere the agency will pay you an extra dollar a hour you
Keywords: AHRC Suffolk, Stamford , Day Hab Community Integration Specialist/Part-Time, Other , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!