Company: First Student
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Now Hiring School Bus
Trainers in Stamford, CT!
At First Student, our Bus Drivers Trainers are an integral part
of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety,
customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes for children.
We are your friends, family, and neighbors!
Job Purpose: Facilitates classroom and
behind-the-wheel training to drivers and/or other location
employees with respect to safety procedures and regulatory
compliance. Provides coaching and mentoring for new drivers based
upon key safety indicators.
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new
drivers. May facilitate additional training for existing location
personnel, as needed for performance improvement or company /
regulatory compliance needs.
- Maintains required training documentation and completions for
compliance with state certification, company policies and
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, employee
may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g., accident
investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Evaluates performance of new drivers and existing location
personnel for the purpose of ensuring that basic skills levels are
met and are in compliance with state, federal and company
- Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training,
etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying
- May utilize problem solving skills to analyze performance gaps
and create and execute training plans
- Work under limited supervision using standardized practices
and/o methods while directing other persons within a small work
- All other responsibilities as required or requested.
Describe level of decision making:
- Coordinates and schedules driver training dates/time based on
individual and location needs.
- May modify delivery of safety and driver training based on
company policy, individual trainee needs, and location
- Will evaluate performance of new drivers and existing personnel
and communicate results to safety leadership at location to assist
in hiring decisions.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Must have held Class B (or higher) CDL with S and P
Endorsements for a minimum of 2 years
- Must have 2 or more years’ experience driving a CMV with above
credentials (or minimum of equivalent years CDL training
- 1 to 3 years general training experience
- 1 to 3 years general transportation, safety or related
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
Physical Requirements & Working
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and in the
surrounding company facility outside the office (e.g., bus parking
lot); utilize standard office equipment; access filing
system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in
person or by telephone.
- Must be able to drive company or personal vehicle to deliver
training in multiple locations.
- The job is performed under temperature extremes and under
conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, significant
lifting, carrying, pulling and/or pushing, frequent stopping,
kneeling and crouching.
Apply today to become a part of our
Equal Opportunity Employer
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Stamford , Driver Trainer, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!