Ambulatory Care Nurse *Huntington,NY*
Company: NYU Langone Health
Posted on: October 11, 2021
NYU Grossman School of
Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical
schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained
thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the
course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people.
An integral part of NYU Langone
Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is
committed to improving the human condition through medical
education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For
more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us
on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Amb Care
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for carrying out
patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making
related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment,
diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning,
implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and
compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and
Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare
team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider
(physicians or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to
implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve
- Participates in center-based quality and performance
improvement program consistent with service and departmental
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote
healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and
regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Provides emergency care in accordance with the Centers
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities
that promote patient, family/caregiver, physician and staff
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and
promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYUMC Service Standards and
incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or
adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster an
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and
promotes collegial relationships.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Maintains an awareness of current evidence-based practices and
uses research data applicable to patient care.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to
promote own professional growth and development.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide
patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and, on an
on-going basis, using appropriate assessment techniques and
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to
To qualify you must have a A Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is
highly preferred; a Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing
requires a minimum of one year experience in conjunction with plans
to earn a baccalaureate degree required. Current Registered
Professional Nurse in New York licensure is required. BCLS is also
required. Emergency room or critical care nursing experience and
membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Membership in pertinent professional organization preferred. Fluent
written and spoken English language skills necessary. Physical
stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform
responsibilities needed also required..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse
ACLS certification. Spoken mastery of a second language strongly
preferred. Interventional cardiology experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies,
click here. Please
click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, Stamford , Ambulatory Care Nurse *Huntington,NY*, Other , Huntington, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!