Open House Hiring Event - Registered Nurse (RN)
Posted on: July 22, 2021
260 Long Ridge RdSte
D, Stamford, Connecticut, 06902-1638, United
States of America
We are hiring Registered
Nurses in and around the Stamford, CT Area
Join us Thursday, July 29th 3:30pm
- 5:30pm for a come and go hiring event!
Where: Long Ridge
260 Long Ridge Rd
Stamford, CT 06902
Please apply to RSVP or use
the virtual link below
We do ask that you can work 3-4 shifts a week. Flexibility
and Caring Behaviors are what we seek for these roles. We care
passionately for our team as we do our patients.
Our Nurses make an exceptional difference in the lives of our
patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or
chronic kidney disease.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology before, read on as we think
that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship
with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a
central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work
alongside and support technicians, other nurses, dietitians, social
workers, physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are
often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique
treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of
nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee a group of patients (census
dependent on state laws) with the support of PCTs to conduct
patient observations, measuring stats and machine set up. You
will work with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 days per
week. Schedule times will vary by locations but most of our
RNs work early morning or days shifts. Some holidays
- A clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of
facilities meeting or exceeding CMS’s standards in the government’s
two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to
improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects
teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage,
retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career
development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision,
401k 50% match up to 3%, paid time off, PTO up to 176 hours per
year based on hours worked, also PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated
discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie
tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a
robust, paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis
skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita
is committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with
a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, every other Saturday and within nearby clinics to staff
when others need valued PTO time off.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice;
Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
- PCTs can come from the Service Industry and Customer Service as
well as Medical.
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with
patients and teammates
- Nurses require an Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from
accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma
program may be substituted for nursing degree
- PCTs require a high school diploma
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
You will be required to chart patient’s assessment, orders and your
care notes in our electronic medical record system.
- You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency
Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
Wondering what it’s like to be a nurse at DaVita? Click
the link below to watch the short video!
Why do you want to work at DaVita? Here’s Why! Click
the links below to find out!
A Community First. A Company
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company
second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a
place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity &
Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes
part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As
such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted
without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, Stamford , Open House Hiring Event - Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!