Customer Service Representative - Stamford Beaches
Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of
parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we're
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Customer Service Representative greets and creates a
welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
- You're charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any
way you can.
- Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because
it's not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don't fold and get overwhelmed easily.
Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic computer skills in the parking revenue
- Able to work with or without supervision
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of
- Timely and demonstrates sense of urgency.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- A team player and can help motivate your team.
What will I do?
- Greet customer by name, be responsive and timely with
correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring
attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office;
help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing
premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do
- Add/delete accounts, and key in required information from
monthly applications in the parking revenue control system.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Oversee general maintenance of the garage - sweeping, wiping
down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash,
changing light bulbs, etc.
- Maintain and repair any malfunctioning parking equipment to
ensure appropriate access to customers.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Administer the Taxi Company Access Cards.
- Inspect Taxis to ensure that they need modified CDOT safety
requirements and to inform failure of these requirements through
the denial of access and notifications as directed.
- The starter will act as liaison between the Taxi's and the
customer, helping to answer questions regarding fares, ride
- Calling up cabs from the "holding area" to the "waiting area"
from one staff to another.
- Minor gate arm repairs etc. for the Taxi Operation
- Provide Porto-lets for the Taxi Holding Area as requested by
CDOT, (currently 2 unites being serviced twice weekly)
- Employees are to have appropriate Background and Eligibility
Checks completed and such documents are subject to review by
- All positions that require frequent public interaction -
managers, cashier, taxi starter - must have excellent communication
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on
decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check
and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our
employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons,
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently
separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our
application process is used for the process of limiting or
excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Stamford , Customer Service Representative - Stamford Beaches, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!