Sr Specialist Accounts Payable
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Lovesac, we're committed to helping people fill their homes
with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve
along with them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals - The World's Most Adaptable Couch, to Sacs -
The World's Most Comfortable Seat, Lovesac products provide peace
of mind where others can't. Our products can adapt to fit almost
any space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new
way of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and
evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfill-which
is good for families and our environment.
We're committed to working and succeeding by incorporating our
Guiding Principles into everything we do:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We're borrowing this earth from our children
The couch is the new kitchen table
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Specialist, Accounts
Payable. As a Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable, you will be
- Own the Accounts Payable (AP) processes with the AP Coordinator
and Associate including entering invoices into system; preparing
and processing electronic transfers and payments and checks; and
administering guidelines for proper handling and coding to ensure
appropriate general ledger posting.
- Review all invoice coding and accrual processes to ensure
timely accurate recording to the GL to include GL coding and
accounting period. This includes establishing solid accrual
processes to make sure expenses are recorded to the correct
- Perform monthly general ledger closing activities related to
Accounts Payable, assist with monthly accruals, complete month-end
closing checklist, and other supporting duties.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable transactions and prepare analysis of
accounts to ensure timely payments and identification of
- Ensure timely cutoff by reviewing all invoices received prior
to Accounts Payable close and assist with the month-end
- Correspond with vendors including researching and responding to
inquiries, communicating about payment status, and ensuring that
company accounts remain in good standing.
- Analyze discrepancies and liaise with other departments to
research and resolve items, as necessary.
- Prepare year end 1099 reporting and collection of Form W-9 from
- Maintain complete document trails to ensure that audits can be
easily conducted on all transactions.
- Guide and mentor AP Associates on processes, procedures and
best practice functions including new technologies.
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders,
including vendors and colleagues by proactively managing staff and
accounts payables issues with an emphasis on timely
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and
respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects
our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core
values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
This position will report into Corporate Headquarters based
Stamford, CT and will require flexibility to work both onsite as
well as remote.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-7 years of Accounts Payable experience in manufacturing,
assembly, retail or Inventory Management environment.
- 2-3 years supervisor or team lead.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to
- Excellent knowledge of invoice interpretation, period of
- Excelllent knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of the accrual process, invoice coding and
- NetSuite experience is preferred or other ERP systems (i.e.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (Pivot Tables and
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a
changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level
of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve
problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a
variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and
interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems,
anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating
solutions and experiences that drive business results and
engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all
clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures
outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as
required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able
to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75
pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from
position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working
on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole
discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various
forms of transportation.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only "A" Players
Our showrooms, including our website, are open seven days a week
and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious
creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, military status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Lovesac, Stamford , Sr Specialist Accounts Payable, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!