Director, Cyber Incident Response
Company: HCC Life Insurance
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the development, implementation, and management
of the cyber incident response team.
Relying on expert knowledge and advanced leadership skills, the
Director of Cyber Incident Response is accountable for the
- Craft and manage business plan and budget for cyber incident
response team in collaboration with Claims and Executive
Management, including number of resources, specific roles, and
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding outsourcing vs.
insourcing cyber incident response resources, including breach
coaches, IT forensics, and other services, striving to reduce the
overall cost of cyber incidents and claims.
- Manage outsourced incident response vendors - KPI's, pricing
negotiation, monitoring, monthly reports, quarterly reviews, and
evaluation of new vendors.
- Manage operations of 24/7/365 cyber incident response hotline
and overflow resource capacity solution to be triggered in the case
of a cyber aggregation event.
- Participate in marketing and production activities (e.g.,
conference attendance, client and prospect meetings, speaking
engagements) to promote our cyber incident response
- Stay current on cyber trends, marketplace news, and competitive
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to create reports
and utilize claims and incident response data to anticipate trends
and inform service offerings.
- Hire and develop a high-performing team of employees through
effective coaching, mentoring and training for the cyber incident
- Manage workflow and delegates to staff as needed.
- Work effectively with peers, senior staff, and other CPL team
members to further the goals and objectives of the business.
- Direct development of business plan for cyber incident response
- Anticipate changes in demand and technologies and adjust
strategy to accommodate them.
- Coordinate resources to ensure strategies are executed.
- Communicate direction or results pertaining to area of
responsibility to all levels, internally and externally.
- Develop company policies and prepare internal/external reports
- Present briefings to obtain consensus/approval.
- Accountable for annual budget of cyber incident response
- Set objectives, policies, and procedures for area of
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Create environment that encourages development and
implementation of effective business controls and policies.
- Allocate resources to ensure proper implementation and
- Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making
hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing
standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and
providing coaching or counseling.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Risk Management, or a related
field, or equivalent education and/or experience. Master's degree
- Minimum of ten years or relevant and progressive experience in
cyber claims handling, IT forensics, cyber security, and/or crisis
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience.
- Strong operational capabilities with a proven track record of
developing, implementing and overseeing quality processes,
procedures and policies that improve business operations.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of
principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an
emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Superior organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical
developments related to applicable area of the Company's business;
ability to proactively respond to changing business
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office
package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH
A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary, generous benefits
program, matching 401(k), and a supportive working environment. We
are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth
and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our
team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are
equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more
information about our companies.
Keywords: HCC Life Insurance, Stamford , Director, Cyber Incident Response, Other , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!