Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Medical Technologist II)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded
on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased
engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of
disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building
dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized
health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health
and oncology. Centrellis, our innovative health intelligence
platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding
of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to
the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients
should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for
the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Medical
Technologist II) - for a full-time position located in our new
Stamford, CT Clinical location. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist,
you are responsible for patient specimens from receipt in the lab,
through preparation and processing, and ultimately through data
analysis and result interpretation. In our molecular laboratory,
you are responsible for the operation, maintenance, and cleanliness
of diagnostic equipment as well as the preparation, storage, and
retention of patient samples and testing reagents. We utilize a
number of industry leading high throughput automation platforms, as
well as classical manual methods and techniques, to obtain clinical
results and to provide medical information to our patients and
clients. The broad range of techniques and technologies demands
highly technically competent candidates and experts in their
- Under minimum supervision, performs high complexity molecular
testing of clinical samples from various tissues and biological
sources such as whole blood, tissue biopsy, saliva, nasal
brushings, buccal swabs, FFPE, and others.
- Accomplishes high quality extraction, plating, quantification,
and preanalytical processing of clinical samples while maintaining
specimen integrity and organization.
- Prepares next generation sequencing libraries for whole exome
sequencing, whole genome sequencing, targeted sequencing, and RNA
Sequencing in a high throughput clinical production laboratory
employing state of the art liquid handling and automation
- Adheres to strict protocols and best practices required for
clinical testing following CAP, CLIA, and NYSDOH regulations while
maintaining all required records and documentation for continual
- Maintain lab supplies and consumables sufficient to meet
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Cell or Molecular Biology,
Biochemistry, a certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist
required. Advanced Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 3+ years previous clinical laboratory work
experience, or the relevant combination of advanced degree and
experience, is required to fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Experience working in a high throughput commercial lab or
clinical laboratory setting will be given preference.
- Familiarity with and advanced understanding of physical
wet-bench techniques such as automated liquid handling, qPCR, next
generation sequencing, MLPA, Sanger sequencing, NGS library
construction, and the efficient us of high-throughput automation in
general are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with and advanced understanding of NGS and other
molecular data analysis and interpretation techniques using LIMS,
Excel, and other data management tools is also highly desirable for
candidates that can demonstrate proficiency.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and technological
- Must be a motivated team player willing to work in a fast-paced
- Must qualify for or possess a NY State Technologist
- ASCP MB certification is strongly preferred.
- Able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as required
by the department.
Keywords: Sema4, Stamford , Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Medical Technologist II), Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!