Executive Director Revenue Cycle
Company: Stamford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tracking Code EW-031021 Job Description
To build on the organizations leadership, Stamford Health is
seeking to recruit a highly talented senior executive to serve in
the critical role of Executive Director, Revenue
Cycle. This newly established senior role is responsible
for leading the revenue cycle activities in accordance with all
Stamford Health revenue cycle goals and initiatives. This
individual will direct the revenue cycle staff and work closely
with various partners. This individual will be responsible for
developing, monitoring, and reporting performance metrics to
optimize revenue cycle processes and intervene where necessary. The
Executive Director will utilize reporting and analytics to
strategize and lead the revenue cycle team through the discovery,
design, and validation of key revenue cycle activities.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in the delivery of
all hospital and medical group revenue cycle related services
including, but not limited to, patient access, coding, revenue
integrity/charge capture and revenue cycle billing analytics and
departmental AR management.
- Direct overall operations, full administration, and development
of programs and services that support driving revenue
- Lead efforts in ensuring data integrity and identifying system
or process improvements to promote better management of revenue
- Assure timely and accurate data reporting regarding revenue
cycle activity for Stamford Health and other revenue cycle
- Manage relationships with the Clinical Chairs to drive a
variety of financial initiatives including documentation
improvement, regulatory readiness, and billing compliance.
- Direct activities to provide operational and revenue cycle
assessments, interventions, and education.
- Coordinate effectively with all partners to evaluate, assess,
and assure timely and accurate flow of all phases of revenue cycle
- Provide key leadership and quality oversight for registration,
charge entry, payment posting, follow-up and patient
- Partner with IT and peers in clinical areas regarding system
development and implementation of any IT systems that will impact
the revenue cycle.
- Masters degree in business administration, health
administration or finance required.
- Minimum 10 years experience successfully managing a Central
- Knowledge of credentialing, insurance contracting, and ability
to interact with major carriers on payment issues.
- Superior communication skills, both written, verbal and
presentation skills to effectively address all levels within the
organization. Prior experience presenting to a board of directors
- Prior experience leading teams including staff and supervisors
including interviewing, onboarding, retention and performance
- Understanding of coding and billing principles for hospitals as
well as physician groups.
- Understanding of pre-certification, code bundling,
authorizations, patient responsibility (i.e.
coinsurance/deductible) and pre-collection practices for surgical
- Ability to interact with insurance companies and support teams
on contractual issues.
- Electronic claim remittance knowledge and electronic remit
payment posting knowledge and experience.
- Ability to manage/lead department and meet key performance
indicators for cash collections, denials appealed and overturned,
copays collected, % of accounts over 90 days, etc.
- Experience with surgical and oncology billing.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks and Meditech is a plus
- Ability to manage department, meet goal metrics for charges and
- Understanding of major payers in region and plans by
- Experience with collection agencies.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
Job Location Stamford, Connecticut, United States Position Type
- Experience in claim negotiations with out of network claims and
Keywords: Stamford Hospital, Stamford , Executive Director Revenue Cycle, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!