Physician / Psychiatry / Connecticut / Permanent / MD/DO - Psychiatrist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: May 3, 2021
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
The place that inspires for every
The Community - Stamford, CT
Stamford is the third largest city in the Connecticut and the
seventh largest city in New England. Approximately 30 miles from
Manhattan, Stamford is in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk Metro
area which is a part of the Greater New York metropolitan area.
Stamford is home to four Fortune 500 Companies, nine Fortune 1000
Companies, and 13 Courant 100 Companies, as well as numerous
divisions of large corporations. This gives Stamford the largest
financial district in New York Metro outside New York City itself
and one of the largest concentrations of corporations in the
Stamford Downtown has a motto of "This is the Place! . Vibrant and
inviting, a place that inspires for every season. Whether you work,
live, or visit here you will be impressed by the restaurants, night
life, family environment, business savviness, arts, shopping, and
Behavioral Health is evolving and Geriatric Psychiatry is one of
the fastest growing sectors. The aging baby boomer population and
changes in how behavioral health services are provided to the adult
and geriatric community makes this sector one of the best to be
associated with. A progressive leader in the industry that partners
with committed psychiatrists that own a passion for what they do.
Exceptional compensation, benefits and growth potential are
certainly there. Just as importantly, though, it is the
professional respect and appreciation from a forward thinking CEO
and management team that will get your attention.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited
- Provide psychiatric consults to patients referred by the
attending physician at assigned facilities.
- Prescribe and monitor medications; or make recommendations,
depending on facility policy.
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners and other clinicians as
- May hold collaborative agreement or attestation agreement
(depending on state regulations) with nurse practitioners in
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team assigned to the
- Participate in case reviews, consultations, and utilization
- Be a resource for the primary care physicians.
- Respond to urgent calls and facilitate admission to in-patient
hospital units when necessary.
- Attend medical staff meetings and provide in-service education
at the facilities as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records on patients treated.
- Maintain and submit accurate records for billing purposes on a
- M.D. or D.O. who has completed a residency in psychiatry or
currently in a psychiatry residency.
- Board certified or board eligible (within 3 years of completing
- Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) in
accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of
- State controlled substance license or in the process of
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it.
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of the
facilities assigned to.
- Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid
and other payers as necessary.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Stamford , Physician / Psychiatry / Connecticut / Permanent / MD/DO - Psychiatrist Job, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!