Product Director, Hereditary Cancer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded
on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased
engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of
disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building
dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized
health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health
and oncology. Centrellis, our innovative health intelligence
platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding
of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to
the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients
should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for
the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Product Director to join our Oncology team to
launch and own products across the lifecycle and support the
development of the overall strategy for the Oncology franchise. In
this role, you will be primary responsible for identifying and
bringing these to market partnering across the organization with
research, lab, sales, marketing, digital, operations and business
development. You will need to define key markets, understand
competition, set strategy and manage new product launches,
including tracking KPIs and adjusting strategy as needed. Your
success will be measured by revenue generated by products launched
to market as well as their contribution to Sema4s strategic
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the
research needed to obtain market information.
- Develops and manages the P&L for products
- Determines the nature and scope of present and future products
lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements;
appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product
to competitors' .
- Provides source data for product line communications by
defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field
salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and
long-term sales forecasts and special reports and analyses;
answering questions and requests.
- Brings new to market by analyzing proposed product requirements
and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment
analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering.
- Introduces and markets new by developing time-integrated plans
with sales, advertising, and product
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning
employees; following up on work results.
- Works collaboratively across research, lab, operations,
digital, sales, and partnerships to bring to market in a
collaborative and coordinated way
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting,
orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling
and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- 6+ years of experience in product management, preferably in
Oncology or related therapeutic area
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful
product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and
effectively communicate recommendations to executive
- P&L responsibility
- Experience managing a product in market and/or product
development (ideally 4+ years)
- Able to position a product in market to win.
- Domain expertise in oncology; genetic testing specifically a
- Training and solid technical background in the oncology
research, lab, pharmaceutical, or curation space
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up ones
sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree science related studies
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Creative problem solver
- Able to work in a start-up environment
- Self-starter; scrappy; determined to get stuff done
Keywords: Sema4, Stamford , Product Director, Hereditary Cancer, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!