Operations Supervisor - California
Company: Lovesac Company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
At Lovesac, we're committed to helping people fill their homes
with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve
along with them as life unfolds. From Sactionals - The World's Most
Adaptable Couch---, to Sacs - The World's Most Comfortable Seat---,
Lovesac products provide peace of mind where others can't. Our
products can adapt to fit almost any space and style and look like
new forever. This enables a new way of living, where people can
continue to invest in, add to, and evolve their furniture instead
of adding it to the landfill-which is good for families and our
environment.-- We're committed to working and succeeding by
incorporating our Guiding Principles into everything we do: We can
all win together Doing less and doing better We're borrowing this
earth from our children The couch is the kitchen table Love Matters
Currently we are seeking to hire an Operations Supervisor who will
be responsible for managing and coordinating on site activities
related to warehousing, distribution and transportation within our
3 rd party operations located in California. You will be
responsible for developing plans and ensuring operational execution
related to activities which balance quality, cost and service to
our internal and external customers. You will ensure key goals and
objectives are met to drive superior planning and execution in the
3PL operation. This is a newly created position in the organization
and will require being--based on site--with flexibility to travel
to additional locations. The organization has experienced rapid
growth with limited operating procedures and is completing
implementation of a large scale ERP system. The successful
candidate will have experience in change management, systems
implementation, and detail oriented hard work in a dynamic
environment. Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance
- Act as our company on site representative for CA operations by
coordinating operational activities across both companies to ensure
- Supervise 3 rd party warehousing and distribution services as
well as driving improvements to the pick pack and ship processes to
ensure increasing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring the management and accuracy of our
inventory as it is managed directly by our 3 rd party. Key
processes such as cycle counting, returns processing and out bound
processing of orders are a focal point to our success.
- Work cross-functionally to develop process improvements and
technology enhancement to improve service and operational
- Develop additional distribution processes and methods within
our 3PL distribution centers in order to meet the future needs of
- Support the implementation of best practice across the supply
chain and distribution operations.
- Execute against our key performance indicators when it comes to
quality, cost and service metrics.
- Assist the 3PL operation in forecasting our business into
detailed plans supporting distribution network requirements.
- Assist in coordinating the scheduling of inbound
- Is responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance
- Communicates status key initiatives, and operational to senior
- Trains and coordinates product education.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manages issues professionally and
according to our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust at all times, modeling behavior
that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with
the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7+ years' experience in supervising
distribution operations including knowledge of distribution
practices and technologies which support the fulfillment
- Must have a high-level understanding of Supply Chain Management
processes, including 2-3 years' experience in a leadership
- Must have experience working with systems such as a WMS & ERP.
Experience supervising 3PL companies is a plus. Experience
implementing distribution operations or new distribution functions
is also required.
- Proficiency required with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be results driven and utilizes his or her knowledge to
meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a
changing business environment.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and
interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems,
anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level
of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve
problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a
variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating
solutions and experiences that drive business results and
engagement with the brand.
- Must works collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all
clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all
- Must comply at all times with the standards, policies and
procedures in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Consistent ability to work in an office environment and
regularly report to work at Corporate Headquarters or designated
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as
required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able
to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75
pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from
position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working
on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel as required by the Company in its sole
discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various
forms of transportation.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac
Values: Lovesac Core Values - Willing to sweep the floors Grit
Aspirational Values - Customer Centricity Only "A" Players
Executional Excellence Table-Stakes Values - Positivity Flexibility
Inclusivity Passion Empathy Transparency Our stores, including our
website, are open seven days a week and require morning, evening,
weekend and holiday availability. Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity
employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, military status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Lovesac complies with applicable state and local
laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in those
jurisdictions in which it maintains facilities. Lovesac also
complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
state and local laws regarding providing reasonable accommodation
for qualified individuals with disabilities.--
Keywords: Lovesac Company, Stamford , Operations Supervisor - California, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!