Scientist - Translational Bioinformatics
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available. Scientist - Translational
Bioinformatics Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence
company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis,
and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and
prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming
healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining
optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas
of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis---, our innovative
health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more
complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide
science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4
believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data
should be shared for the benefit of all. Sema4 is seeking a
talented, self-motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to lead
cutting-edge basic and translational bioinformatics research as a
member of the R&D Bioinformatics department, as well as
contribute to clinical product development. You will collaborate
with physician-scientists and innovative technology development
labs to shed new light on disease mechanisms in various neoplasms
by integrating data from novel genomic and transcriptomic assays.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that develops wet lab
assays, computational methods, pipelines, and databases to
interpret large-scale human genome and transcriptome data and
translate that understanding to clinical utility. You will publish
the innovative results of your work to show the world how Sema4
differentiates in science and technology. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead or support bioinformatics projects to translate NGS
results, as well as public and internal genomic, phenotype, and
clinical/EMR datasets, to novel discoveries on a path to clinical
- Design, develop, and test components of clinical NGS pipelines
for oncology tests, including but not limited to liquid biopsy
- Analyze and integrate heterogeneous NGS data (somatic and
germline SNVs, indel variants, copy-number alterations, structural
variants, gene fusions, transcript isoforms, RNA abundance, RNA
editing and modification) from diverse next-generation sequencing
assays (Illumina, Ion Torrent, Pacific Biosciences; targeted
panels, whole-exome sequencing, whole-genome sequencing, RNA-Seq;
bulk and single-cell) and microarrays.
- Work with wet labs to plan and design experiments to generate
- Contribute to development of infrastructure for integrating
data from multiple NGS technologies, as well as variant annotation
- Publish and present novel findings in academic journals and
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Informatics, Computational
Biology, Genomics, or a related discipline requiring strong
computational and analytical skills supplemented with biology
- Hands-on experience working with NGS tools with high
proficiency, including for sequence analysis and expression
analysis (such as co-expression network and Bayesian inference
- Strong coding proficiency in R, Python and SQL programming
languages in a Linux environment.
- Well-versed in the art of effective communication on
interdisciplinary teams (scientists, programmers, and clinicians),
especially graphical communication about high-complexity datasets
to scientific audiences from different backgrounds.
- High self-motivation, great ability to work in both
multiple-task and independent fashions.
- Good understanding of molecular, cell, and developmental
biology, especially where relevant to cancer genomics, oncology, or
endocrine neoplasms, and especially molecular cloning and NGS
library preparation methodologies.
- Developing code using distributed version control tools
(especially Git) and software issue tracking/management systems
- Experience working with cloud computing infrastructures will be
a plus, especially on Amazon AWS.
- Minimum 2 years relevant post-graduate experience.
Keywords: SEMA4, Stamford , Scientist - Translational Bioinformatics, Other , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!