Company: eMoney Advisor
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job SummaryAt this level, you have a proven knowledge of our
systems, customers, and business. You've played a key role in the
delivry of several projects and assisted bringing other team
members onboard. While learning for a software professional is
never complete, you no longer require instructive pairing and
oversight. You've taken the role of dominant pair to transfer
knowledge and reinforce our practices and values. You've embraced
the belief that great products come from the fusion of rock solid
engineering, clear product vision, and a hypersensitivity to the
user experience. At this level you don't just focus on the craft of
programming, but also understand and actively participate in the
collaboration between product management, design, and engineering.
As is expected of all team members, you continue to refine your
understanding of our business and continue to develop empathy for
our customers. Job Responsibilities
- Embody and live the Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus,
openness, and respect in all interactions, both within and outside
of the team.
- Be an active team member. Listen a lot. Ask questions to seek
clarity. Take the floor when you have information, experience, or
perspective to share. Communicate impediments as they arise.
- A Scrum team collectively delivers on their sprint goals and
commitments. All team members are expected to always be intimately
familiar with, and working towards delivery of those commitments,
- In partnership with Product Management, actively seek to gain a
deeper understanding of the business context under which your team
operates. Leverage this understanding to present feature
recommendation to your Product Owner.
- In partnership with Design, continue to build empathy for the
primary, as well as secondary, personas your team supports.
Leverage this empathy to recommend small design changes to your
- As a highly technical member of the team, actively seek to
master of our tech stack, tools, and practices.
- Complete modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing
functionality without the need for oversight.
- Perform complex changes and complicated refactoring under the
direction of an experienced team member.
- While made up of many disciplines, the team delivers on
commitments together. As such, it's expected to perform
documentation, design, and testing tasks as required by the
- Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions
and code reviews.
- Evangelize and promote the successes and learnings of your team
in formal ceremonies, such as sprint demos, as well as in casual
- Write queries, scripts, and data upgrades.
- Take point on supporting deployments and releases.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements
- 3-5 years of professional experience. Completed one or more
projects on commercially available applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software
Engineering, or equivalent experience. Skills
- Fluent in C#. Highly knowledgeable of data structure,
algorithms, and object oriented programming. Able to perform tasks
effectively and pragmatically. Able to debug and diagnose
complicated issues. Able to build from scratch implementations;
following best practices.
- Conversant and comfortable with design patterns.
- Self-motivation drive to get things done and deliver on team
- Ability to be an active member of a Scrum team, embracing Scrum
- Ability to know when to ask, take, and respond positively to
direction and supervision.
- Enthusiastic about company and programming company
- Can plan tasks and estimate their completion. Communicating
impediments as they arise.
- Adapts well to changing conditions.
- Communicates efficiently verbally and through written
- Has a broad understanding of our systems, customers, and
business goals as it pertains to the assigned team.
- Conversant and comfortable with working with legacy code.
- Conversant and comfortable web development (Asp.Net Web Forms,
knowledge. Able to perform tasks effectively with frequent use of
guides, research, and mentorship. Can replicate from similar
- Conversant and comfortable with Window and IIS.
- Conversant and comfortable with relational databases (SQL
- Conversant with, embracing, and refining professional practices
and methodologies (Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Code
Reviews, Refactoring Techniques, Agile/Scrum)
- Conversant and comfortable of our development tools (Visual
Studio, Resharper, PowerShell, BitBucket (Git), Jira, Confluence,
Roundhouse, Octopus Deploy.
- The salary range for this position is $86,000. - $119,000;
commensurate salary to be determined based on skills, professional
background and expertise. This position is also eligible, pursuant
to applicable eMoney policies, for the annual bonus program,
retirement contributions, health insurance, sick leave, parental
leave and paid time off.
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money.
Founded in 2000, it's the only wealth management system that offers
transparency, security, mobile access, and superior organization.
Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to
amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, we serve more than
100,000 financial professionals and support over 5 million end
At eMoney, we create and nurture a culture that values diversity
and inclusion, which enables our employees to thrive and do their
best work. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds inspire a
stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better
eMoney is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: eMoney Advisor, Stamford , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...