Systems Administrator ll (Consultant IT Security &
Company: Katalyst HealthCares & Life Sciences Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Directing outsourced IT Security to execute information
security projects and activities.
- Defining security requirements including security policies,
standards, plans, methodologies, and guidelines.
- Creating and executing project plans to ensure the timely
execution of security projects.
- Reviewing the security of technologies, systems, networks, and
- Strategic Support
- Security Liaison
- Security Architecture & Engineering Support
- Operational Support
- Work with the Director to develop an information security
program and security projects that address identified risks and
business security requirements in alignment with the risk tolerance
of the organization.
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing, and accessing
information security threats.
- Partner with the Director to develop budget projections based
on short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies and
enforce security policies.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure
the protection of Purdue systems, efficient operations, and
- Work with IT Security, IT, and business stakeholders to build
metrics and reports that effectively communicate risks, progress,
and areas of opportunity.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and
responding to reported security audit failures.
- Advocate information security with the organization and ensure
that personnel are trained on information security best
- Review the security of systems, networks, applications, and
resources; identify risks; and provide security
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that asset owners are
identified, and systems are appropriately classified.
- Serve as an active and consistent participant in the
information security governance process.
- Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory
compliance efforts, including audit support.
- Keep up-to-date with information security threats, risks, and
- Ensure that vulnerabilities are addressed in line with their
criticality and agreed upon SLAs.
- Consult with IT and security staff to ensure that security is
factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and
configuration of hardware, applications, and software.
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan the
implementation of technical information security controls and
analyze its impact on the existing environment.
- Direct the administration of security tools and controls.
- Work with IT to ensure that there is a convergence of business,
technical, and security requirements.
- Create, develop, and execute KPIs, metrics, and reports.
- Manage outsourced vendors that provide information security
functions for compliance with contracted service-level
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability
management & risk management including the recommended treatment
plans, status, and residual risks.
- Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on
- Assist and guide the disaster recovery planning team in the
selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing, and
maintenance of these disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data
sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with
policies and audit requirements.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to
verify the security of systems, networks, and applications, and
manage the remediation of identified risks.Requirements:
- BS / MS / Equivalent Training and 8+ years of relevant
- Experience managing small team and outsourced IT
- Strong hands-on technical system and network security
- Experience with information security governance, risk, and
- Professional certification, such as CISM or CISSP is
- Experience reviewing security architecture and defining
- Management skills including experience managing outsourced
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures,
standards, and guidelines.
- Experience with common information security management
frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST.
- Familiarity with applicable legal and regulatory requirements,
including, but not limited to SOX, HIPPA, GPDR, and CCPA.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and
managing project plans.
- Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control, and
vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and
relate them to appropriate security controls.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical
stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Katalyst HealthCares & Life Sciences Inc, Stamford , Systems Administrator ll (Consultant IT Security &, IT / Software / Systems , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!