Posted on: May 14, 2022
As part of the Business Intelligence team, the ETL Developer II
plays a key role in designing, developing and supporting new and
existing BI solutions for our users. The ETL Developer's primary
contribution to the team involves transforming data into meaningful
and accurate information which the business can consume.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Participate in active discussions with team members and users
to understand business requirements.
- Work closely with IT, Architecture, Business Analysts and
Report Developers to achieve business objectives.
- Design, develop, implement, and support new and existing data
integration jobs using Teradata Stored Procedures.
- Understand and Implement best practice solutions per
- Produce Ad Hoc Reports to answer business questions quickly and
- Develop technology documentation to support production
deployments as well as ongoing maintenance of reporting and data
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve data quality and performance
- Communicate complex topics and analyses to non-technical
- Provide accurate level of effort estimates for data integration
development to management.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle
requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to transform business requirements into a technical
- Knowledge of different ETL design and development
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures
- In-depth understanding of BI/DW architecture and concepts
- In-depth understanding of how data governance plays a role in
- In-depth understanding of how multiple data sources can be
consolidated together to produce BI Solutions
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology
or business related field, or equivalent experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
SQL Query Design in large-scale data warehouse environments -
Data integration development using ELT methodology - 4+
Data collection and database/report design - 4+
Work experience in delivering IT/BI solutions - 4+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Experience with Teradata and/or other MPP data warehouse
Experience working with Telecom/Cable MSO data and
Experience working with MicroStrategy, Tableau
Experience working with ETL workflow and scheduling applications.
(Informatica, One Automation, UC4, Composite)
#LI-LB1 BBL327 309312 309312BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Stamford , Informatica Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!