Technical Support Specialist
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Title: Technical Support SpecialistLocation: Huntington, NY
(onsite support)Terms: Full-time, W-2 Contractor (potential to
convert perm), OT eligible
- In serving as a trusted technical resource to the end-user
community of a highly prominent real estate brokerage firm, you
will provide support (level 1 and 2) to end-users.
- Your position will entail the set-up and maintenance of office
equipment (desktops, printers, etc.), mobile/hand-held devices
(iPhones, iPads, Android, tablets), A/V conference room equipment,
and assisting the network team in configuring network devices.
- The environment is primarily comprised of Windows 10 platforms
along with some Apple MacBooks.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 technical support and incident
management service desk functions to end-users remotely and
- Utilization of the ServiceNow help desk ticketing system to
manage tasks, requests for support, and day-to-day activities.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of desktop/laptop
- Support and administration of Windows 10 operating systems;
limited Mac OS.
- Support for collaboration tools such as Zoom, GoToMeeting,
Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair computing hardware and
- Troubleshoot desktop/laptop computer security issues.
- Provide support for all standard productivity software
(Microsoft O365 / Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
Microsoft Teams, etc.). Includes installation, troubleshooting, and
end-user assistance and training.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of back-up and
anti-virus software on all desktop/laptop operating systems.
- Complete imaging, software installations, and software
- Educate and train professional administrative/operational staff
on proper computing techniques, security awareness, and use of
- Assist in Active Directory account creation, system monitoring,
triaging support tickets, and resetting end-user passwords.
- Install and configure new end-user devices including Windows
OS, computers, printers, smart phones, tablets, and other computing
- Assist users and maintain pathways from home computers to
corporate office systems for remote access to desktop
- Assist with the installation and troubleshooting of VPN and
other remote access software.
- Experience in administration, maintenance, and end-user support
of Windows OS. Experience with Windows OS as both a user and
administrator is desired.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, strong document skills, and able to
make connections between similar problems.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including
the ability to build strong working relationships with end-users of
diverse personalities and professional backgrounds.
- A strong customer service focus; white-glove service.
- The ability to work independently, self-motivate, and to manage
multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously is essential.
- Resourceful; ability to research hardware and software issues
in a thorough manner.
- Ability to follow up on open items and complete tasks in a
timely manner including meeting deadlines along with anticipating
and addressing problems/delays.
- Flexibility in adjusting work schedule to accommodate priority
needs, system downtime, and emergencies.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and
using standard systems and software applications: MS Office Suite
and Microsoft O365 (including Outlook); SharePoint.
- Experience with enterprise-level help desk ticketing systems;
ServiceNow highly preferred.
- Understanding of and experience with TCP/IP networking and
- An understanding of desktop/laptop security tools and
- The ability and desire to keep abreast of new technologies
including computer software and hardware, smart phones, and
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
a related field or equivalent relevant professional experience.by
Keywords: Nusources, Stamford , Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Islip, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!