Technical Manager, NBC Sports
Company: NBC Universal
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Technical Manager will provide front-line management of
personnel, facilities, equipment, operations and technology for a
customer driven production operations group. Coordinate all
technical and logistical requirements prior to air and then in the
control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the
production go as planned. This position works with and supports
productions in the NBC Sports Group Stamford facility including the
NBC Broadcast Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Peacock as
well as NBC Olympics.
- Work closely with all show personnel in planning programs and
scheduling manpower resources including field crews, edit rooms,
control rooms and production studios
- Coordinate and communicate with remote origination locations to
ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
-Ensure efficient utilization of company resources within a fast
paced rapidly changing environment
- Work with other NBC entities, outside broadcasters and vendors
to identify, negotiate for and secure required resources.
- Maintain technical and broadcast quality.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure all equipment is
meeting client's expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Engineering or related
field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five 5 years' experience in live, studio television
- At least five 5 years' experience in engineering support and
operational experience in broadcast studio and production control
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with field/remote production
processes and equipment (including satellite/telco and
- Must have proficient computer skills including; Apple, Microsoft
O365, and other collaborative software platforms.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours during the week and
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBC Universal's affiliated
businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected Desired Characteristics
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Should have managerial skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Must understand digital production and file based
- Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective
across diverse groups throughout the company and external
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and
manage multiple tasks simultaneously Sub-Business NBC Olympics,
Remotes and Operations Experienced City Stamford State/Province
Connecticut Country United States About Us About Us:
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment
companies in the development, production, and marketing of
entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and
entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture
company, significant television production operations, a leading
television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the
event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known
as America's Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 14 Olympic Games
including the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other
network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning
production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass
large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the
Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top
10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the
2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217
million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody
Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named 'Best
in Sports Television' at the Sports Business Awards. Notices
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities
to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age,
national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership
in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of
Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where
Keywords: NBC Universal, Stamford , Technical Manager, NBC Sports, IT / Software / Systems , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!