DBA - Database Architect
Company: Dime Community Bank
Posted on: February 23, 2021
You must attach your resume when applying in order to be
Summary: Working collaboratively with the Data Team, you will be
tasked with designing a dynamic data environment for containing and
aggregating multiple data sources in an efficient and optimized
manner. The design of the data environment must allow for the
creation of data-driven solutions using machine learning,
predictive analytics, and other data science techniques, including
AI. As part of the database design, you will be tasked with
evaluating and advising on technology components for optimizing the
various database management systems and applications.
Our team plans to interview remotely via Microsoft Teams/Zoom and
onboard this hire as soon as possible . This position is not remote
and is located in Hauppauge, Long Island. Responsibilities:
- Aggregate data enterprise wide with the intent to centralize
reporting, prepare for future analytics projects and ensuring that
Dime's data hub follows best in class optimization practices.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products,
services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline (Computer
Science, MIS, and Software Engineering). Master's degree is
- Minimum five years' experience in database development and
administration with the aptitude to maintain and administrate a SAS
platform. Experience working for a bank or other financial
institution a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of and certification in SQL Server
2012, 2014, 2016 a must, including Integration Services. Knowledge
of MySQL a plus.
- TSQL, VBScript, JScript, PowerShell, Batch programming
required. Previous experience in programming.
- Software development experience in one or more languages (e.g.,
Python, C/C++, Java, HTML, SAS).
- Experience developing database environments (Data Warehouse,
Data Mart's) using various platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server,
- Strong background in designing reports in various reporting
solutions such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, IBM Cognos.
- Strong working knowledge of IIS and Apache a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including
technical writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and complex technical problem-solving
skills a must.
- Experience in both Linux and Windows environments, preferably
as an administrator.
Relocation is not covered for this position. Current U.S. work
authorization is required (no sponsorship provided). **
Responsibilities and qualifications for this position may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
Dime Community Bank offers a competitive benefits package.
Dime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Dime Community Bank, Stamford , DBA - Database Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!