Human Resources Business Partner - East
Company: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Posted on: September 12, 2023
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a
living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS,
employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of
our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a
specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on
making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's
disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients
and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word,
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally
powered organization this role is responsible for directly driving
revenue by creating and leading the communication strategies and
resources for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) core
campaigns, departments, and teams that support our fundraisers. The
Human Resources Business Partner will support managers and staff in
the execution, and delivery of HR programs, policies, and
initiatives while promoting a positive and productive work culture.
The Human Resources Business Partner will act as the initial point
of contact for managers and staff to HR, with an emphasis on
providing consistent, quality, and timely advisement while
partnering with Center of Excellence leads (COE) to provide an
end-to-end solution for all their People Needs. COE functions
include employee experience, talent acquisition, internal mobility,
talent management, learning and development, organizational
development, workforce planning, total rewards, and employee
relations. As a valued member of LLS, you are eligible for a
comprehensive benefits package. Our offerings include medical,
dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; flexible spending
accounts; a 403b retirement plan along with generous paid time off.
In addition, we observe federal paid holidays throughout the year,
and offer a wellness program and an employee assistance
program.While employees may be permitted to work remotely, travel
to the assigned office, HUB or Satellite Offices may be required as
determined by the employee's manager and the employee's Strategic
Duties and Responsibilities: People (HR) Advisory
- Meets regularly with assigned departments, territories,
regions, to develop relationships and evaluate People needs.
- Acts as first point of contact for People concerns and answers
employees' questions, uses appropriate judgement to route complex
questions and issues to COE Leads and provides follow up to ensure
issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides People advisory service to managers ensuring
compliance with organizational policies and procedures & guides
managers through cyclical HR processes.
- Provides day to day HR functional support for the organization
including HRIS, employee relations, performance management,
organizational development, compensation, and training &
- Provides people management indicators, via HRIS, to Managers to
inform their talent reviews, workforce planning and succession
planning processes handled by the Organization Development COE.
Employee Relations & Performance
- Provides performance management advisement to managers and
employees in accordance with policies, procedures, and
- Coaches and mentors' managers on employee performance issues,
including progressive discipline approaches, having difficult
conversations and documentation in a timely manner.
- Mediates employee issues and disagreements; Escalates
behavioral/conduct issues to Employee Relations COE and
collaborates on resolutions. Culture, Engagement, & Talent
- Provides and makes recommendations to COE Leads and managers
regarding morale, motivation, or at-risk talent.
- Ensures New Hire Experience (onboarding) process is understood
and followed by hiring managers and new hires.
- Reviews Employee Opinion Survey reports and provides action
- Helps connect employees to eligible learning programs offered
from the Talent Development & Learning COE, and partners with
managers to support employee growth.
- Advises on hiring: employee, temporary worker, and contractor
decisions from intake through offer and onboarding and supports DEI
strategies in hiring.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and
- Performs other related duties as assigned. #LI-Remote
- 5 years of proven HR experience and achievements in a mid-level
generalist/HRBP capacity, along with previous HR operations
- Bachelors' Degree in related field required; SHRM or other
similar accredited certification preferred. Skills & Experience
- Previous Not-for-Profit Experience Preferred
- Broad understanding of HR principles and practices; Experience
working across the various HR disciplines including compensation,
recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, talent
development, performance management, and diversity.
- Exceptional customer focus: ability to build effective working
relationships with employees at all levels of the
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment on employment-related
matters, strong follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Physical
Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs
in comparable organizations.
- Travel approximately 10-20% of the time for team meetings or as
- Average salary range is $65K-$95K, open to further discussion
based on geography.
LLS is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in its workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender
status), sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, race, color, creed,
national origin/ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic
predisposition or information, physical or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. LLS seeks such skilled and
qualified individuals to share our mission and where they will join
a cohort of others who have chosen to call LLS home. LLS complies
with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and
harassment in the workplace, and is committed to maintaining a
diverse and inclusive environment supportive of all of our
employees and the communities we serve.
Keywords: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Stamford , Human Resources Business Partner - East, Human Resources , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!