Sr. Payroll Specialist
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Sr. Payroll Specialist Position Summary The Senior Payroll
Specialist is responsible for processing the payroll for
approximately 1,500 employees in the U.S. SAP Payroll System. The
Senior Payroll Specialist supports all aspects of multi-state
payroll processing, for salaried and hourly employees, and is
responsible for responding to inquiries from employees and internal
departments related to Payroll, Absence and Time Tracking issues.
- Process US monthly and bi-weekly payroll for salaried and
hourly paid employees in accordance with Payroll schedule and based
on department SOPs.
- Oversee and audit hourly time tracking submissions. Contacts HR
and managers as needed, to ensure time is submitted in accordance
- Research, analyze and resolve Payroll, benefit deductions, time
and attendance issues, questions, and discrepancies. Escalate, as
needed, any issues to Payroll Manager.
- Responsible for the weekly payroll interfaces and data
maintenance between SAP and external benefit systems- uploading
files, review, reconciliation, payroll adjustments and other data
maintenance as needed.
- Oversee administration of payroll taxes and garnishments.
- Process wage and tax adjustments as instructed by Payroll
- Assist with all Payroll, Absence and Time Tracking
configuration related testing, as needed.
- Prepare payroll reconciliations after each pay period, at
quarter-end, and at year-end, to ensure taxes are accurate.
- Provide support with the payroll General Ledger- journal
entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end payroll process including gathering and
loading data for year-end adjustments for W-2s.
- Supports with payroll internal and external audits- Financial
interim and year-end, 401K, Worker s Compensation and Internal
- Assist with Payroll department projects as instructed by
- Provide training and guidance to other members of the Payroll
department as needed.
- Assist with monthly expatriate payroll administration, which
includes coordination and preparation of payroll entries.
- Review current department processes and make recommendations
for ways to improve efficiencies. Your Profile
- Bachelor s degree required or relevant experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of overall payroll experience,
- Prior SAP payroll and Kronos Timekeeping experience
- Strong understanding of Payroll-related issues.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and change priorities on
- Proficient Knowledge of Excel including vlookup and pivot
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with
- Ability to collaborate with HR and FI Team members and other
Keywords: StarrTrax, Stamford , Sr. Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Stamford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!