Room Service Server
Company: Renaissance Westchester
Location: White Plains
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European
markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and
Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an
aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in
cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through
all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and
development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also
has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands
and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools
that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Location The Renaissance Westchester is modern, newly renovated
hotel that offers a retreat-like setting, located one hour North of
Manhattan. Nestled on 30 acres of scenic countryside in West
Harrison, New York, the hotel offers a comfortable and relaxing
oasis just a short distance from the hustle and bustle of New York
City. The hotel recently completed a $12 million dollar guestroom,
front desk, lobby and restaurant revitalization project and offers
348 guestrooms (including 7 suites) with plush bedding and upscale
amenities. Employment Status Full-Time Overview The Room Service
Server is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and
delivering items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and
efficient manner. Responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day's business. Stock
work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and
ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Set-up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Set-up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance
with established guidelines, procedures and policies as prescribed
by Highgate Standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom
according to established standards.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays
in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and
communicate with Manager/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and
up-sell items to guests.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties
according to station rotation assignment, established checklist,
and hotel's operating policies and procedures.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing
end of shift paperwork.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to
ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all
communications to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with
Highgate policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounge,
and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an
attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest's complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Qualifications
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or related field preferred.
Keywords: Renaissance Westchester, Stamford , Room Service Server, Hospitality & Tourism , White Plains, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!