Dish Room/Food Service Worker - Westchester (Mt. Kisco)
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Mount Kisco
Posted on: January 27, 2023
**PRIMARILY DISHROOM DUTIES**
Performs various tasks related to the preparation and service of
food, delivery and collection of food and supplies, and department
- Prepares and serves food for patients and/or cafeteria
customers, as assigned.
- Stocks assigned workstation with utensils, condiments, and
related food items for specific meal service period.
- Prepares, packages, portions, and arranges food according to
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Receives requests and serves appropriate food
- Removes unused food and wraps, dates, and stores accordingly.
Discards food items not meeting time and temperature
- Transports food and supplies to designated areas throughout
- Delivers food trays, nourishment, supplemental feedings, and
supplies in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Collects used carts/trays, removes waste, and returns service
supplies and equipment to kitchen.
- Informs direct supervisor of any issues during meal
- Performs assigned cleaning duties according to department
policies and procedures.
- Cleans and maintains dining service area including counters,
tables, and equipment.
- Sweeps and mops floors using appropriate safety
- Removes garbage following established waste disposal
- Washes pots, pans, trays, kitchen utensils, food trucks,
- Cleans and sanitizes refrigerators, freezers, pantries, prep
areas, counters, shelves, etc., using appropriate cleaning
- Maintains department inventory by replenishing items according
to par levels.
- May utilize department equipment, according to operating
guidelines, in the performance of duties.
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior food service and/or dietary experience,
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Stamford , Dish Room/Food Service Worker - Westchester (Mt. Kisco), Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Kisco, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!